Here you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions relating to the Community Center and The Parks and Recreation Department. If you still can't find the answer to your question, please feel free to call us at (530) 527-8181.

Frequently Asked Questions

Where are you located?
1500 South Jackson
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Phone: (530)527-8181
Fax: (530)527- 4957

Directions: Take South Main Exit off I-5. Turn left onto South Main, left on Luther (first light) left at stop sign (Jackson Street) The next stop sign is 1500 South Jackson. (cross street is Kimball) Types of payment are cash and check. We do not accept credit cards at this time. 45 miles north of Chico and 30 miles south of Redding.
Do we have equipment to rent or utilize from the Community Center?
  • 6 Foot Rectangular Tables ($6 each) per day
  • Folding Chairs ($1.50 each) per day
What park facilities are maintained for the public's recreational needs?
  • Alcohol is allowed in the park with an alcohol permit.
  • No glass bottles allowed.
  • River Park located along the Sacramento River . Picnic Areas, playgrounds, bandstand, horseshoe pits, volleyball and basketball courts and 50 meter swimming pool (open June-August)
  • Campfire Recreation Area Cedar & Jackson Streets
  • Lincoln Street Tennis Courts 1135 Lincoln St. Three lighted city tennis courts, basketball courts adjacent.
  • Diamond Park Diamond Avenue. Lighted softball field, basketball court, picnic area, playground and skatepark.
  • Forward Park Monroe Street. Ball diamond, basketball 1/2 court, picnic areas, horseshoe area and playground
  • Lots for Tots Luning and Duncan Street. Children's playground equipment
  • Samuel Ayer/Dog Island Park - North Main St. Located along the Sacramento River. Disc golf, picnicking, fishing, nature trails and large BBQ area.
  • John Trainor Park Vista Way. Children's playground,  Frey and Tosh lighted softball fields
  • Red Bluff Community/Senior Center 1500 So. Jackson St. Room rentals for weddings, parties, seminars, conferences, meetings, community functions, etc. Senior nutrition program provides nutritional meal and activities for seniors.
  • Skatepark Diamond Park. 16,000+ square foot skating facility.
The Parks and Recreation Department services not only residents of the City of Red Bluff, but also it is the center of recreational activity for a good portion of Tehama County.
What adult sports programs are offered?
  • Men's Basketball League
  • Women's Volleyball League
  • Coed Volleyball
  • Coed Softball League
  • Men's Softball League
What youth sports programs are offered?
Youth sports are their own associations and are not sponsored City programs.
Click here for referral numbers for youth sports programs
What children's activities are offered?
During the school breaks, (Christmas, winter, spring and summer) special day programs are offered. It is a program designed for children ages 5-12, offering sports, arts and craft and structured play. McGlynn Pool located at the River Park offers swim lessons and public swim from June - August.
What programs are available for seniors?
PASSAGES Adult Resource Center: (530) 529-5882
HEALTH, INSURANCE, COUNSELING and ADVOCACY (HICAP) For answers to all your questions concerning Medicare, Government assisted housing, long-term care options, and health care.

Seniors Events & Activities

Seniors Meal Delivery & Menus