PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
Date of Meeting: Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Time of Meeting: 5:15 p.m.
Place of Meeting: City Council Chambers
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Planning Department at City Hall prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any Planning Commission member, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the Planning Commission on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Planning Commission. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the Planning Commission after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Chairperson reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the Planning Commission cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the Planning Director’s Office.
B. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
March 28, 2006
C. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. APPEAL OF TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE DESIGN REVIEW CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL; SIGN DESIGN REVIEW 06-005; REQUEST TO REPLACE AN EXISTING FREEWAY ORIENTED SIGN IN A “C-3” ZONING DISTRICT; 203 ANTELOPE BLVD., AJ PATEL (OWNER), MCHALE SIGN CO. (APPLICANT)
Recommendation: That the Planning Commission:
1. Consider all public testimony and all other information submitted relating to the appeal.
2. Adopt Resolution No. 06-003, denying the appeal and upholding the decision of the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) requiring that the proposed design of the freestanding Freeway Oriented Sign frame and support column be enhanced.
3. Approve the appeal, overturn the decision of the Technical Advisory Committee, approve the proposed freestanding Freeway Oriented Sign as requested by the appellants and direct staff to prepare the necessary Resolution with findings, for consideration at the April 25, 2006 meeting.
4. Provide staff with other direction as determined to be appropriate by the Planning Commission.
D. STAFF ITEMS/REPORTS:
1. DISTRIBUTION OF INSTITUTE FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT’S AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION: BEST PRACTICES FOR MAKING INFORMED LAND USE DECISIONS, 2006.
2. DISCUSSION OF TENTATIVE ITEMS FOR APRIL 25, 2006 MEETING.
There being no further business the meeting is adjourned until April 25, 2006 at 5:15 p.m., City Council Chambers, City Hall.
NOTE: Anyone wishing to appeal a decision of the Planning Commission may do so within 10 calendar days for Use Permits and Subdivisions. The appeal/request must be submitted to: City Council, 555 Washington Street, Red Bluff, CA 96080. Postmarks will not be accepted.
INFORMATION AND PROCEDURES CONCERNING CONDUCT OF
CITY PLANNING COMMISSION MEETINGS
· All members of the public may address Commission on any item listed on the agenda.
· Please step up to the podium microphone when addressing the Commission.
· Each speaker will be asked to state his/her name before speaking, and after speaking to voluntary write his/her name on a record to be maintained by the Secretary.
· Persons demonstrating rude, boisterous or profane behavior will be called to order by the Chairman. If such conduct continues, the Chairman may call a recess, requesting the removal of such person(s) from the forum, adjourn the meeting or take some other appropriate action.
· Three-minute time limit may be imposed for each speaker unless Commission asks questions.
· Speakers may address Commission only one time on each agenda item.
· A speaker may not defer his/her time to other speakers.
· Groups or organizations are encouraged to select a spokesperson to speak on their behalf. Each subsequent speaker is encouraged to submit new information, rather than repeating comments made by prior speakers to simply indicate their agreement.
· Commission is unable to read written materials presented at the meeting. If any person intends to appear before the Commission and provide written material, it should be delivered to the Planning Department's Office the Thursday before the meeting in order that copies may be included with the agenda. This gives the Commission an opportunity to review the material in advance.
· Special presentations, which include slides, films, etc. during the course of a meeting, will only be allowed with prior approval of the Commission.
Business from the Floor:
· A member of the general public may address the Commission on any matter not appearing on the agenda that is of interest to such person and is within the jurisdiction of the Commission.
· No action can be taken by Commission on any items brought forward at this time. Commission may request this item to be brought back at a subsequent meeting.
· Available at the meeting.
· May be mailed to an individual at an annual cost set forth in the City's Fee Schedule.
· May be picked up in advance at City Hall without charge.
Copies of Agenda Items:
· Available for public inspection at City Hall prior to a meeting.
· Copies may be obtained after payment of applicable copy fees.
Use of Cell Phones During, Meetings:
· The Commission appreciates your cooperation in turning off all cell phones during
Items Not Appearing, on Posted Agenda:
· This agenda was posted at least 72 hours in advance of this meeting. Other than in
instances of specific statutory exception, the Commission may not act on items not
appearing on the agenda.