Date of Meeting: Tuesday, November 1, 2005
Time of Meeting: 7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
1. ADOPTION AWARENESS MONTH – Rita Hidy
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
October 12, 2005 – Special Meeting
October 18, 2005 – Regular Adjourned Meeting
October 26, 2005 – Special Meeting
2. PARCEL MAP APPROVAL, PARCEL MAP 04-22 AND LLA; ACCEPTANCE OF EASEMENT DEDICATION
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Accept the service club directory sign easement and approve Parcel Map 04-22.
2. Director Staff to file the map with the Tehama County Recorder.
3. INFORMATIONAL ITEM – CITY OF RED BLUFF FACTS AND DEMOGRAPHICS UPDATE
Recommendation: Informational Only.
4. BICYCLE TRANSPORTATION ACCOUNT GRANT
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING, ENPLAN ON-CALL CONTRACT AMENDMENT NO. 1
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to execute contract Amendment No. 1 with Enplan for BTA Grant permitting services in the amount of $6,000, to be paid from BTA grant funds received by the City.
5. COOPERATIVE WORK AGREEMENT – TIME EXTENSION FOR THE RED BLUFF BIKEWAY/PEDESTRIAN PROJECT
Recommendation: That the City Council direct staff to approve the cooperative work agreement with CalTrans for an extension of the funding deadline.
6. ANNUAL STATEMENT OF INVESTMENT POLICY
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the City Treasurer’s Investment Policy Statement.
7. REQUEST TO CONTINUE WITH ONE TEMPORARY BUILDING INSPECTOR ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the request to continue with one Temporary Building Inspector position, changing the Temporary Building Inspector position from a 40-hour per week position to an as needed position at the time a second full time Building Inspector is hired.
8. EXPIRATION OF TERMS; VARIOUS COMMISSIONS
Recommendation: That the City Council direct the Deputy City Clerk to solicit applications for the various commissions. These vacancies will be advertised as per the dates on the attached Legal Notice and the attached Press Release will be distributed to the media.
9. WELL 13, 8 & 9 ENGINEERING CONSULTANT SERVICE
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to proceed with a contract amendment with PACE Civil regarding the well 13, 8 & 9 work in the amount of $110,700 and to send the request letter to IBANK.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. LAY AVENUE TRAFFIC CONCERNS
Recommendation: That the City Council refer the Lay Avenue traffic concerns to the City’s Traffic Safety Committee for review and follow up with the citizens.
2. GENERAL PLAN UPDATE ADVISORY COMMITTEE ALTERNATE MEMBER APPOINTMENTS
Recommendation: That the City Council make the necessary appointments to the General Plan Update Advisory Committee.
3. INTERSTATE 5 TRANSPORTATION CONCEPT REPORT (TCR)
Recommendation: That the City Council hear the presentation and comment as appropriate.
4. PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER; TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP 05-57; RESOLUTION NO. 77-2005 SOUTHRIDGE DR.; PACIFIC COMMUNITIES
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Conduct the Public Hearing.
2. Consider all public testimony and all other information relating to this project submitted to the Commission.
3. Adopt Resolution No. 77-2005 approving Tentative Parcel Map 05-57 with the Findings and Conditions of approval shown in Resolution No. 77-2005.
5. INFORMATIONAL ITEM – POTENTIAL IMPACTS OF DELAYING ADOPTION OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF DEVELOPMENT IMPACT FEE (DIF) SCHEDULE
Recommendation: That the City Council accept this information report.
6. ADDITIONAL COST FOR DEVELOPMENT IMPACT FEE STUDY CONSULTANT – CHANGE ORDER #1
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize a supplemental budget appropriation in the amount of $5,606 from the Development Impact Fees Funds for Change Order #1 Development Impact Fee Study Consultant Services.
7. WATER RATE STUDY – RATE INCREASE
8. CHARGES FOR CITY WATER AND SEWER USAGE
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss charging City facilities and properties for water and sewer usage and provide direction to staff.
9. AUTHORIZATION TO BEGIN FIRE CHIEF RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to begin the recruitment process to fill the position of Fire Chief.
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of November 15, 2005, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.