Date of Meeting: Tuesday, September 6, 2005
Time of Meeting: 6:00 p.m. Closed Executive Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION -- 6:00 P.M.
1. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL –
Government Code Section 54956.9
PENDING LITIGATION: CASE NO. 55896
MICHAEL J. AND MARGARET L GUTTIERREZ
2. Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing the City’s designated representative, Nickolaus and Haeg, Labor Negotiators and Susan Price, City Manager, Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits with the Miscellaneous Unit.
B. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
1. RECOVERY HAPPENS MONTH
Susan McVean, Director of Drug and Alcohol Division
Steve Chamblin – Chairperson, Tehama County Drug and Alcohol
D. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
August 16, 2005 – Regular Adjourned Meeting
August 22, 2005 – Special Meeting
2. REVISED COMMUNITY CENTER FACILITY USE APPLICATION INCORPORATING THE NEW FEE SCHEDULE
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the revised Facility Use Form for the Red Bluff Community/Senior Center.
3. ALOHA STREET SUBDIVISION UNIT 1, TRACT NO. 04-1004, ACCEPTANCE OF IMPROVEMENTS
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the Aloha Street Subdivision Unit 1, Tract No. 04-1004, public improvements and start the one year guarantee period.
4. REPORT ON SALES TAX
5. ANNUAL PUBLIC WATER SYSTEM INSPECTION BY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
Recommendation: Informational – No Action Required.
6. ACCEPTANCE OF GRANT FROM THE FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY’S U.S. FIRE ADMINISTRATION 2005 ASSISTANCE TO FIREFIGHTERS GRANT PROGRAM
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s U.S. Fire Administration 2005 Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program and include the 5% match in the 2005/2006 City budget.
7. RESOLUTION NO. 65-2005 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF ESTABLISHING A SCHEDULE OF FEES AND CHARGES FOR CITY SERVICES – BUILDING DEPARTMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 65-2005 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Establishing A Schedule of Fees and Charges for City Services – Building Department.
8. RESOLUTION NO. 63-2005 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING THE EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT WITH POLICE CHIEF ALBERT SHAMBLIN
Recommendation: That the City Council approve a Supplemental Budget Appropriation for salary ($5,250) and benefits ($3,037.39) in the amount of $8,287.39 in Fund 11-33-100 to 185 and adopt Resolution No. 63-2005 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending the Employment Agreement with Police Chief Albert Shamblin.
9. ADDITIONAL BLOCK TIME PURCHASE FROM COMPUTER LOGISTICS CORPORATION
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to purchase block time from Computer Logistics and approve a supplemental budget appropriation for $3,250 for various City Departments.
10. PLACEMENT OF TWO DECORATIVE TRASH/RECYCLING RECEPTACLES AND TWO DECORATIVE CONCRETE BENCHES
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the purchase of the trash/recycling receptacles by the Landfill Agency and the placement of the trash receptacles and benches as recommended by City staff.
11. WATER RESERVOIR AND PIPELINE PROJECT CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT SERVICES, CONTRACT AMENDMENT NO. 6
Recommendation: That the City Council approve Contract Amendment No. 6 for the Water Reservoir and Pipeline Project for Construction Management services by PACE Civil in the amount of $35,000 and authorize the expenditure from Fund 52-50.
12. SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL PROGRAM 4TH CYCLE 2004/2005 FY GRANT AWARD, RESOLUTION NO. 56-2005
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 56-2005 authorizing the City Manager to execute the Program Supplement.
13 REQUEST FOR LAPTOP COMPUTER BY CITY CLERK
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the request by the City Clerk for a new laptop computer, and if authorized, approve a Supplemental Budget Appropriation of up to $2,000 in Fund 10-13-380-100.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
E. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. RECYCLING KITS FOR BUSINESSES
2. SERRF PILOT TEEN PROGRAM FOR VISTA MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS – APPROVAL OF 2005-2006 MOU
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the $5,100 supplemental appropriation budget request to continue the temporary part time employee to work from September 12, 2005 and end on June 12, 2006 so that the SERRF Teen After School program can be continued for the Vista Middle School students.
3. DRAFT SCHEDULE OF FEES AND CHARGES FOR CITY SERVICES – PLANNING DEPARTMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the separate recommendations by staff, the Chamber of Commerce, and Mayor Houghton and Mayor Pro Tem Brown for the Planning Department draft Schedule of Fees and Charges for City Services.
4. SCHEDULE OF FEES AND CHARGES FOR CITY SERVICES ANNUAL ADJUSTMENT FACTOR
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss an annual adjustment factor for the City’s new Schedule of Fees and Charges for City Services and provide direction to City staff.
5. REQUEST BY CITIZEN
INENTEC MEDICAL SERVICES LLC
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss the InEnTec Medical Services LLC project and provide direction to staff as appropriate.
6. DEVELOPMENT IMPACT FEE STUDY PRESENTATION
Recommendation: That the City Council review and comment on the proposed DIF facility needs list, preliminary fee schedule, and study methodology; and direct staff to prepare an enabling ordinance and resolution for action at a future public hearing.
7. HEALTH, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE PREMIUMS AND AVAILABLE OPTIONS
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the continuation of Operating Engineers Health and Welfare as the provider of City sponsored health insurance for City employees for the period beginning October 1, 2005.
8. OTHER AGENCY REPRESENTATION
Recommendation: That the City Council review the current City Councilmember assignments and determine other agency representation for the remainder of 2005.
F. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of September 20, 2005, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.