Date of Meeting: Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Time of Meeting: 7:00 p.m. Regular Adjourned Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
B. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
August 2, 2005
2. ORDINANCE NO. 963 – AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING CHAPTER 11 OF THE CITY MUNICIPAL CODE, FEE AND SERVICE CHARGE REVENUE – SECOND READING AND ADOPTION
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 963 – An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending Chapter 11 of the City Municipal Code, Fee and Service Charge Revenue.
3. REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS – JULY 2005
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report.
4. RATIFY/APPROVE JULY PAYROLL CHECKS NUMBERS 18120-18380; JULY PAYROLL DIRECT DEPOSIT NUMBERS 6119-6292
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve July Payroll Checks Number 18120-18380; July Payroll Direct Deposit Numbers 6119-6292.
5. ALCOHOL BEVERAGE LICENSE; PERSON TO PERSON TRANSFER TYPE 21 (OFF-SALE GENERAL); CONVENIENCE MARKET WITH GASOLINE; 1055 WALNUT ST.; CIRCLE 7 DAY (NAME OF BUSINESS); BALBIR K. AND BALBIR S. MANN (APPLICANT/OWNER)
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Acknowledge the application for a Person to Person Transfer of a Type 21 (Off-Sale General) Alcoholic Beverage License for the Circle 7 Day located at 1055 Walnut St.
2. Affirm the conclusion of the Planning Director and the Chief of Police that protesting the license and requesting conditions is not necessary.
6. REQUEST FOR CONSULTANT SERVICES
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to finalize the arrangement for sales tax services, to include Data analysis and support and Audit program with the HDL Companies for a total of $3,900 for the 2005/06 fiscal year.
7. ANNUAL TRANSACTION REPORT AND STREET REPORT CONSULTANT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to enter into an agreement with MAXIMUS, Inc. for providing Annual Report of Financial Transactions and Street Report in the amount of $4,500.
8. STATE MANDATED COST CONSULTANT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to enter into an agreement with MAXIMUS, Inc. for providing State Mandated Cost Claiming services for fiscal year 2005/06 in the amount of $4,900.
9. CONVENIENCE LINE FOR THE COMMUNITY CENTER WITH SBC
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to finalize the arrangement for the pay phone with SBC Telephone and execute the SBC Telephone agreement for the convenience line pay phone at the Community Center.
10. TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY TAX PAYMENT TO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize a supplemental budget appropriation in the amount of $9,756.25 for the Chamber of Commerce from 10-21-330-100 Community Promotion and Economic Development Department for a total of $79,756.25 for the Fiscal Year 2004/05.
11. ORDINANCE NO. 962; DESIGNATION OF ANGLE PARKING ALONG A PORTION OF THE 800 BLOCK OF PINE STREET
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 962.
12. ORDINANCE NO. 961; WATER CONSERVATION
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 961.
C. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. APPOINTMENT OF CITY COUNCIL MEMBER
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the appointment from applications received to complete the remaining 3 years 3 months of the four year term of former City Council Member Russ Frey.
2. OTHER AGENCY REPRESENTATION
Recommendation: That the City Council review and discuss other committees, commissions and organizations on which City Councilmembers serve and consider City Council representatives for each at the September 6, 2005 City Council meeting.
3. WATER RATE STUDY PRESENTATION
Recommendation: That the City Council review, comment, and adopt the Water Rate Study and direct staff to proceed with a public hearing notice proposing Scenario 2 for a future City Council meeting.
4. PUBLIC HEARING; MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION FOR THE RED BLUFF BIKE TRAIL PROJECT
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Conduct the Public Hearing.
2. Consider all public testimony and all other information relating to this project submitted to the City Council.
3. Approve the Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Red Bluff Bike Trail Project with the Findings in the document titled “Conditions and Findings”.
4. Authorize the Public Works Director to process a DFG Notice of Determination including the fee of $1,250.
5. WASHINGTON STREET WATERLINE REPLACEMENT PROJECT, BID AWARD
Recommendation: That the City Council award the Washington street Waterline Replacement Project to Jason Abel Construction of Corning, California for the amount of $116,906.80 and authorize staff to administer a 10% contingency at the discretion of the Public works Director.
6. UPDATE CONCERNING CITY OWNED BUILDINGS ACCESSIBILITY ACCESS
Recommendation: Informational update only.
7. OLD RED BLUFF LAND FILL “PHASE ONE” BURN DUMP LOCATION, WALBRIDGE AND BAKER RD. UPDATE
Recommendation: That the City Council provide direction to staff.
8. APPROVAL OF PAYROLL SPECIALIST JOB CLASSIFICATION
Recommendation: That the City Council approve a supplemental budget appropriation in the amount of $6,200; and that the City Council approve the job classification of Payroll Specialist and direct staff to begin the internal recruitment process.
9. RESOLUTION NO. 62-2005 AMENDING THE MID MANAGEMENT SALARY SCHEDULE TO INCLUDE THE CONFIDENTIAL POSITION OF PAYROLL SPECIALIST AND ESTABLISHING THE SCHEDULE AS THAT OF MID MANAGEMENT AND CONFIDENTIAL JOB CLASSIFICATIONS
Recommendation: That the City Council approve proposed Resolution NO. 62-2005 Amending the Mid Management Salary schedule to include the Confidential Position of Payroll Specialist and Establishing the Schedule as that of Mid Management and Confidential Employees.
10. RED BLUFF COMMUNITY/SENIOR CENTER
11. TEHAMA COUNTY ANIMAL CARE CENTER
12. RATIFY/APPROVE JULY PAYABLES CHECK NUMBERS 49160-49434
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve July Payables Checks Number 49160-49434
D. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Special Meeting of August 22, 2005, at 6:30 p.m., City Council Chambers.