Date of Meeting: Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Time of Meeting: 6:00 p.m. Closed Executive Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Adjourned Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION: 6:00 p.m.
1. Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing the City’s designated representative, Nickolaus and Haeg, Labor Negotiators and Susan Price, City Manager, Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits with the Fire Unit.
2. Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing the City’s designated representative, Nickolaus and Haeg, Labor Negotiators and Susan Price, City Manager, Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits with the Miscellaneous Unit.
3. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION
Alpha Vista v. City of Red Bluff, et. al., Case No. 54170
REGULAR ADJOURNED MEETING: 7:00 P.M.
B. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS – JUNE 2005
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report.
2. TRAINING LIBRARY WITH FEMA GRANT FUNDS
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize sole source purchasing with ACTION Training Systems, Inc. for the FEMA Grant Funds to purchase the IFSTA Library for the Fire Department.
3. MODEM PURCHASE FOR MOBILE DATA COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the sole source purchase of (7) MDC modems at a cost of $27,537.58 from Valley Industrial Communications a partner of Dataradio Business Partner, and the sole reseller for Dataradio products.
4. RATIFY/APPROVE MAY PAYROLL CHECKS NUMBERS 17973-18119; MAY PAYROLL DIRECT DEPOSIT NUMBERS 5951-6118
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve May Payroll Checks Number 17973-18119; May Payroll Direct Deposit Numbers 5951-6118
5. RED BLUFF FORD – REFUND OVERPAYMENT OF SEWER CHARGES
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the refund of $17,533.10 of sewer charges to Red Bluff Ford.
6. ALLOCATION OF FUNDS TO UPGRADE BACKUP SYSTEM FOR CITY HALL SERVER
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize a supplemental budget appropriation in the amount of $1,605 for the purchase of equipment and software for upgrading the server backup systems for the City Hall server from 25-57-540-100 City Administration & Equipment Impact Fees.
7. SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL PROJECT JACKSON HEIGHTS SCHOOL ACCEPTANCE OF IMPROVEMENTS
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the completed Jackson Heights Safe Routes to School Project improvements, authorize the expenditure of $5,423.20 from Fund 21 and direct staff to file a notice of completion.
8. NORTH STATE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS CONSORTIUM
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to sign the Agreement for Special Services, thus renewing the City’s membership in the North State Consortium.
9. PARCEL MAP NO. 04-41; FINAL MAP FILING AND ACCEPTANCE OF PUBLIC UTILITY EASEMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council accept Parcel Map No. 04-41 for filing and the Public Utility Easement depicted on the map; and direct staff to proceed with recordation of the map.
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. RESOLUTION NO. 55-2005; A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF IMPLEMENTING THE LAST, BEST, AND FINAL WAGE AND BENEFIT OFFER FOR EMPLOYEES REPRESENTED BY THE CITY OF RED BLUFF FIREFIGHTERS ASSOCIATION.
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 55-2005 implementing the Last, Best, and Final wage and benefit offer for the employees represented by the Red Bluff Firefighters’ Association.
PUBLIC HEARING – RESOLUTION NO. 60-2005
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF ESTABLISHING A SCHEDULE OF FEES AND CHARGES FOR CITY SERVICES
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Conduct the Public Hearing.
2. Receive public comments.
3. Close the Public Hearing.
4. Consider any changes to the Proposed Schedule of Fees and Charges for City Service.
5. Adopt Resolution No. 60-2005 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Establishing A Schedule of Fees and Charges for City Services.
3. ALLEY REPAIR ISSUES
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss and provide direction to staff.
4. DOWNTOWN DEMONSTRATION PROJECT UPDATE; WASHINGTON STREET, ELM TO WALNUT
5. AUTHORIZATION OF CITY MANAGER TO EXECUTE AN AGREEMENT WITH THE BUREAU OF RECLAMATION PERTAINING TO TRAIL DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT IN THE CITY OF RED BLUFF
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to execute an Agreement with the U. S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) pertaining to pedestrian/bicycle trail development and management in the City of Red Bluff and to authorize the City Attorney to approve the Agreement as to form.
6. MCGLYNN SWIMMING POOL REPAIR UPDATE AS OF 7/14/05
7. RESOLUTION NO. 57-2005; A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF REGARDING THE DISABILITY RETIREMENT OF JOHN L. WAELTY
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 57-2005 which makes the determination that Mr. Waelty’s disability is a result of injury or disease arising out of employment and therefore qualifies for Industrial Disability Retirement.
8. PROPOSED ADDITION OF A DISABILITIES ADVISORY COMMISSION
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the presentation by Councilmember Stevens regarding the creation of a Disabilities Advisory Commission.
9. RATIFY/APPROVE MAY AND JUNE PAYABLES CHECK NUMBERS 48492-49159
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve May and June Payroll Checks Number 48492-49159
10. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. June 23, 2005 – Special Meeting
2. July 5, 2005 – Regular Meeting
3. July 7, 2005 – Special Meeting
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Special Meeting of August 2, 2005, at 7:00 p.m., City Council Chambers.