A G E N D A
Date of Meeting: Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Time of Meeting: 6:15 p.m. Closed Executive Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION 6:15 p.m.
1. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE REVIEW
Title: Interim City Manager (Government Code Section 54957)
B. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS JUNE 2006
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
a) JUNE 20, 2006 REGULAR ADJOURNED MEETING
b) JUNE 26, 2006 SPECIAL MEETING
3. ORDINANCE NO. 965; AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING CHAPTER 17 OF THE CITY MUNICIPAL CODE, DEVELOPMENT IMPACT MITIGATION FEES
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 965, an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff amending Chapter 17 of the City Municipal Code, Development Impact Mitigation Fees.
4. RESOLUTION NO. 48-2006 A RESOLUTION UPDATING THE DEVELOPMENT IMPACT FEE SCHEDULE FOR SINGLE/MULTI-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL/INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE CITY OF RED BLUFF
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt the Development Fee Justification Study and Resolution No. 48-2006 superseding Resolution No. 18-2006 adopted February 21, 2006.
5. HAZARDOUS MATERIALS EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS (HMEP) GRANT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the Fire Chief to sign the 2006 Office of Emergency Services (OES) US DOT HMEP Agreement with the County of Tehama.
6. RESOLUTION NO. 54-2006; RED BLUFF FIRE DEPARTMENT DISPATCH CONTRACT RENEWAL WITH THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF FORESTRY AND FIRE PROTECTION (CDF)
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 54-2006 authorizing Interim City Manager Blacklock to renew and sign the contract with the California Department of Forestry (CDF) for City of Red Bluff Fire and Emergency Medical Dispatch services for the period of July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2007.
7. RESOLUTION NO. 51-2006; PARKING RESTRICTIONS, ON JAMES AVENUE, VILLA DRIVE, VALLECITO WAY, VALLECITO COURT, AND MILL STREET
Recommendation: That the City Council approve Resolution No. 51-2006 restricting parking for described portions of James Street, Vallecito Way, Vallecito Court and Mill Streets in the Villa Pointe Subdivision, and authorize additional no parking signs and the painting of no parking on the restricted areas of the subdivision.
8. SECOND READING AND ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE NO. 971 (PREZONE/REZONE NO. 199) REZONING OF THE ZONING MAP FOR R-1 SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL; APN: 31-210-35; SPRINGTIME LN./ALOHA ST.; GREY & SNOW (OWNER)
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 971 (Prezone/Rezone No. 199), Rezoning of the Map to R-1 Single Family for the construction of 10 Dwelling Units to be constructed with TTM 06-1007 as contained in the attached City of Red Bluff Ordinance No. 971 with Exhibit 1.
9. DIS-ENCUMBERMENT OF CDBG FUNDS FOR PATH PROJECT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to write a letter to the State requesting to dis-encumber the 2004 Community Development Block Grant for P.A.T.H. Homeless Shelter Building Acquisition and Rehabilitation Project in the amount of $136,800 and request that $15,200 be allocated to the Vista Ridge Apartment Project.
10. RESOLUTION NO. 52-2006; A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AUTHORIZING THE TEHAMA COUNTY SANITARY LANDFILL AGENCY TO SUBMIT TO THE CALIFORNIA INTEGRATED WASTE MANAGEMENT BOARD A REGIONAL APPLICATION FOR A FARM & RANCH SOLID WASTE CLEANUP AND ABATEMENT GRANT FOR THE FOLLOWING CLEANUP PROJECT:
ILLEGAL DUMP CLEANUP AT BLOODY ISLAND, SACRAMENTO RIVER, TEHAMA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 52-2006; A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff authorizing the Tehama County Sanitary Landfill Agency to submit to the California Integrated Waste Management Board a Regional Application for a Farm & Ranch Solid Waste Cleanup and Abatement Grant.
11. PROFESSIONAL SERVICES FOR VISTA RIDGE APARTMENTS
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to finalize the contract for Professional Services Vista Ridge Apartments with Wildan & Associates in the amount of $12,000 from Fund 10-41-340-100.
12. EXTENSION OF WEB-SITE DESIGN AND MAINTENANCE SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH CARLSON DESIGNS
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to enter into a Professional Services Agreement with Carlson Designs for the period of July 1, 2006 to June 30, 2007.
13. MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE TEHAMA COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT AND THE CITY OF RED BLUFF POLICE DEPARTMENT FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF EXPENDITURES OF CERTAIN 2006 OFFICE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES (O.E.S.) U.S. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION HAZARDOUS MATERIALS EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS GRANT FUNDS
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Red Bluff Police Department and the County of Tehama Sheriff’s Department for the administration and expenditure of certain 2006 Office of Emergency Services (O.E.S.) U.S. Department of Transportation Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Grant Funds.
14. DONATION ACCEPTANCE FROM THE COMMUNITY CENTER AUXILIARY
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the prize donations from the Community/Senior Center Auxiliary group for use toward the recent Logo Design Contest prize recipient packages.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER; TENTATIVE TRACT MAP 04-1009 AND PLANNED DEVELOPMENT USE PERMIT NO. 356; MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION; CITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION NO. 53-2006; WILLOW ST./JEFFERSON ST. EXTENSION; DAVE DAILEY (APPLICANT/OWNER)
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Conduct the Public Hearing.
2. Consider all public testimony and all other information relating to this project submitted to the Commission.
3. Approve the Mitigated Negative Declaration and, adopt City Council Resolution No. 53-2006 approving Tentative Tract Map 04-1009 and Planned Development Use Permit No. 356 with the Findings and Conditions of approval shown in City Council Resolution No. 53-2006.
2. MEMBERS OF THE LOAN COMMITTEE FOR ECONOMIC, CDBG/HOME LOANS AND PROGRAM INCOME LOANS
Recommendation: That the City Council direct staff to:
1. Continue with the current Loan Committee members, or
2. A Loan Committee with the Building Official, Finance Director and a member from the banking community selected by the City Council, or
3. A Loan Committee with the Building Official, Finance Director, Member of the City Council.
3. ABANDONED VEHICLE PROGRAM REPRESENTATIVE APPOINTMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss and appoint either a City Councilmember or staff member to the Tehama County Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Service Authority.
4. SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER POSITION
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the agreement with the Red Bluff Joint High School District and the City of Red Bluff Police Department to provide a School Resource Officer starting on August 16, 2006, and authorize staff to work with School Administration on a Memorandum of Understanding.
5. DESIGNATION OF VOTING DELEGATE AND ALTERNATE LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES ANNUAL CONFERENCE SEPTEMBER 6-9, 2006
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss whether anyone wishes to attend the conference and if so designate a voting delegate and alternate, if appropriate, for the League of California Cities annual Conference September 6-9, 2006 in San Diego.
6. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
a) July 8, 2006 SPECIAL MEETING
b) July 12, 2006 SPECIAL MEETING
7. RATIFY/APPROVE JUNE PAYABLES CHECK NUMBERS 52349-52749
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve June Payables Checks Number 52349- 52749.
8. TREASURER’S REPORT
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report for the month of March 2005.
9. DISCUSSION OF FIREWORKS REGULATIONS (Requested by Councilmember Stevens)
10. DISCUSSION OF COUNCIL COMPENSATION FOR ATTENDING COUNCIL MEETINGS (Requested by Councilmember Stevens)
11. COUNCIL DISCUSSION OF DATES FOR FINAL BUDGET HEARINGS AND INTERVIEWS OF CITY MANAGER CANDIDATES
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Next Regular Meeting: August 1, 2006 at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers