SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
Date of Meeting: Thursday, June 23, 2004
Time of Meeting: 6:30 p.m. Special Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers City Hall
555 Washington St.
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZENS COMMENTS:
This time is set aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
B. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. RESOLUTIONS NO. 46-2005, A RESOLUTION FIXING THE AMOUNT OF REVENUE FROM PROPERTY TAXES NECESSARY TO SUPPORT THE RED BLUFF CITY DEPARTMENTS FOR THE 2005/2006 FISCAL YEAR AND 47-2005 A RESOLUTION FIXING THE RATE OF TAXES NECESSARY TO RAISE THE AMOUNT OF REVENUE NECESSARY TO SUPPORT THE RED BLUFF CITY DEPARTMENTS FOR THE 2005/2006 FISCAL YEAR
RECOMMENDATION: That the City Council adopt Resolutions No. 46-2005 and 47-2005.
2. RESOLUTION NO. 48-2005; A RESOLUTION ADOPTING A PRELIMINARY BUDGET FOR THE FISCAL YEAR JULY 1, 2005 TO JUNE 30, 2006
RECOMMENDATION: That the City Council:
1. Hear the presentation and review by staff.
2. Approve the separation of Building and Planning Departments into separate funds starting in the 2005/06 Fiscal Year in the Final Budget and on an actual basis as of 7/1/05.
3. Building Department would be Fund 20 and Planning would be Fund 30.
4. Adopt Resolution No. 48-2005 thereby adopting the 2005/2006 Preliminary Budget which includes estimated revenues and expenditures as of May 31, 2005.
C. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION:
1. Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing the City’s designated representatives, Susan Price, City Manager and Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits with the Fire Unit.
D. ADJOURNMENT: Tuesday, July 5, 2005, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.