Date of Meeting: Tuesday, May 31, 2005
Time of Meeting: 7:00 p.m.
Place of Meeting: Red Bluff City Council Chambers
555 Washington St.
Red Bluff, CA 96080
This agenda has been posted pursuant to Resolution No. 28-1995.
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
B. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. EMERGENCY ENGINE REPAIR OF RESCUE 1
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize a Supplemental Budget Appropriation in the amount of $1,567.64 for the engine repair of Rescue 1.
2. ADDITIONAL CELL PHONE FOR PUBLIC WORKS
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the additional cell phone for Public Works.
C. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. PRESENTATION OF REDEVELOPMENT FEASIBILITY STUDY
Recommendation: That the City Council hear the presentation of the Redevelopment Feasibility Study, accept the Study, and provide direction to staff.
LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES
1. 2005 ANNUAL CONFERENCE – OCTOBER 6-8, 2005, SAN FRANCISCO
2. 2005 MAYORS AND COUNCILMEMBERS EXECUTIVE FORUM – JULY 27-29, 2005, MONTEREY
3. 2005 MAYORS AND COUNCILMEMBERS ADVANCED LEADERSHIP WORKSHOPS – JULY 29-30, 2005, MONTEREY
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the attendance of City Councilmembers at 2005 and 2006 League of California Cities conferences or workshops.
3. TEMPORARY HIRE OF A SCHOOL CERTIFIED BUILDING INSPECTOR
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the hiring of a School Certified Inspector and authorize the use of existing funds in account 20-26-110-100 to hire a temporary Building Inspector.
4. REFUND OF CITY IMPACT FEES TO SOUTHSTAR P.M./RHL DESIGN
Recommendation: That the City Council approve and authorize the refund of all Impact Fees and Permit Fees paid to the City of Red Bluff in the amount of $59,861.07 to SOUTHSTAR P.M./RHL Design as per 2001 CBC section: 106.0 and 107.0.
5. RESOLUTION NO. 43-2005; SETTING A STEP-SYSTEM SALARY RANGE FOR THE UNREPRESENTED MID-MANAGEMENT JOB CLASSIFICATIONS TO BE EFFECTIVE RETROACTIVE TO JULY 1, 2004
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 43-2005 setting a step-system salary range for the unrepresented Mid-Management job classifications.
6. RESOLUTION NO. 44-2005; PROVIDING A 2% SALARY INCREASE TO THE UNREPRESENTED MID-MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEES EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2005
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 44-2005 providing a 2% salary increase to the unrepresented Mid-Management employees.
7. RESOLUTION NO. 45-2005; RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION BENEFITS BETWEEN THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AND THE UNREPRESENTED MID-MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEES
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 45-2005; Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits Between the City of Red Bluff and the Unrepresented Management/Mid-Management Employees through June 30, 2006.
Meeting of June 7, 2005, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.