Date of Meeting: Tuesday, May 17, 2005
Time of Meeting: 5:00 p.m. Closed Executive Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Adjourned Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION: 5:00 P.M.
1. Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing Susan Price, City Manager and Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits with the Mid-Management Employees.
2. Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing the City’s designated representative, Nickolaus and Haeg, Labor Negotiators and Susan Price, City Manager, Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits with the Fire Unit.
3. Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing the City’s designated representative, Nickolaus and Haeg, Labor Negotiators and Susan Price, City Manager, Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits with the Miscellaneous Unit.
REGULAR MEETING – 7:00 P.M.
B. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
1. National Foster Care Month – Donna Judson
2. Building Safety Week
D. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
May 3, 2005
2.REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS – APRIL 2005
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report.
3. RATIFY/APPROVE APRIL PAYROLL CHECKS NUMBERS 17604-17843; APRIL PAYROLL DIRECT DEPOSIT NUMBERS 5531-5783; APRIL PAYABLES CHECK NUMBERS 48203-48491
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve April Payroll Checks Number 17604-17843; April Payroll Direct Deposit Numbers 5531-5783; April Payables Check Numbers 48203-48491.
4. RESOLUTION NO. 40-2005; A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING A STREET CLOSURE FOR THE SECOND ANNUAL DOWNTOWN ART & WINE FESTIVAL
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 40-2005 authorizing the street closure for the second annual Downtown Art & Wine Festival.
5. RESOLUTION NO. 41-2005; A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING WEEKLY STREET CLOSURE FOR THE “WEDNESDAY EVENING RED BLUFF FARMERS’ MARKET”
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 41-2005 thereby authorizing the street closure for the Wednesday evening Farmers’ Market to be held from July 6, 2005 through September 28, 2005.
6. RESOLUTION NO. 42-2005; PROHIBITING PARKING; A PORTION OF THE RED BLUFF CITY PARK PARKING AREA; SATURDAY MORNING FARMERS’ MARKET
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 42-2005 and authorize the parking lot closure for the 2005 Red Bluff Farmers’ Market to be held from June 4, 2005 through October 2005.
7. ALCOHOL BEVERAGE LICENSE; PERSON TO PERSON TRANSFER TYPE 21 (OFF-SALE GENERAL); CONVENIENCE MARKET WITH GASOLINE; 1055 WALNUT ST.; CIRCLE 7 DAY (NAME OF BUSINESS); MALHI H. AND KULDIP SINGH (APPLICANT/OWNER)
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Acknowledge the application for a Person to Person Transfer of a Type 21 (Off-Sale General) Alcoholic Beverage Licenses for the Circle 7 Day located at 1055 Walnut St.
2. Affirm the conclusion of the Planning Director and the Chief of Police that protesting the license and requesting conditions is not necessary.
8. ORDINANCE NO. 960; AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING THE CONTRACT BETWEEN THE PUBLIC EMPLOYEES’ RETIREMENT SYSTEM AND THE CITY OF RED BLUFF – 3% @50 FOR LOCAL POLICE MEMBERS ONLY
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No 960.
9. EXECUTION OF AMENDMENT OF CONTRACT BETWEEN THE BOARD OF ADMINISTRATION CALIFORNIA PUBLIC EMPLOYEES’ RETIREMENT SYSTEM AND THE CITY COUNCIL, CITY OF RED BLUFF – 3% @50 MODIFIED FORMULA FOR LOCAL POLICE MEMBERS ONLY
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the Mayor to execute the Amendment to the Contract, which has been provided by CalPERS.
10. SURPLUS POLICE EQUIPMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to surplus the (4) Preliminary Alcohol Screening devices and to auction these items through the Property Bureau with the proceeds of sale going to Fund 19, Police Equipment Fund.
11. SURPLUS POLICE VEHICLES
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to surplus the (4) Ford Crown Victoria vehicles, and one Chevrolet Van with the proceeds of the sale going to Fund 19, Police Equipment fund.
12. ALOHA STREET SUBDIVISION UNIT 1, TRACT NO. 04-1004
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the filing of the Aloha Street Subdivision Unit 1, Tract No. 04-1004, and accept the public improvement security submitted for the completion of work and the road and utility dedications, and direct staff to record the final map.
13. NEW COMPUTERS FOR DEPUTY CITY CLERK/SECRETARY TO THE CITY MANAGER AND CITY MANAGER
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the line item adjustments and authorize the expenditure of up to $6,000 for two new computers for the Deputy City Clerk/Secretary to the City Manager and City Manager from existing budgets.
14. CELL PHONE SERVICES
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the NEXTEL service, AT&T service, and personal cell phone reimbursement for all departments.
15. HOME IMPROVEMENT PERMIT HOLIDAY/WAIVED FEES REPORT
Recommendation: Informational item.
E. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. PRESENTATION – RICK BARRUM AND MARK RICHARDSON – CIVIL WAR DAYS UPDATE
2. DOG ISLAND PARKING LOT REPAIRS
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss Dog Island parking lot repairs and provide direction to staff.
3. RESIGNATION OF PARKS & RECREATION COMMISSION MEMBER
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the resignation of Commissioner Dennis Hake from the Parks & Recreation Commission effective May 11, 2005 and direct the Deputy City Clerk to advertise this vacancy using the attached advertisement, which has the disclaimer that members of this Commission will be required to file a Form 700 Statement of Economic Interest.
4. RED BLUFF RECYCLING SURVEY RESULTS
5. PLACEMENT OF AN ITEM ON THE AGENDA AT THE REQUEST OF A MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC – CALIFORNIA COURT OF APPEAL DECISION
6. DRAFT SIDEWALK ASSESSMENT/REPAIR/REPLACEMENT PLAN
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss the Draft Sidewalk Assessment/Repair/Replacement Plan and related issues and provide direction to staff.
7. COMPUTER UPGRADE NEEDED DUE TO INCREASED ACTIVITY IN BUILDING, PLANNING, FIRE, AND PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENTS AND CITY OF RED BLUFF/AGE OF COMPUTER SYSTEM (DOS SYSTEM) AND COMPLICATIONS
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the supplemental budget appropriation in the amount of not to exceed $5,500 from 20-26-380-300 which contains existing revenue to cover this expenditure and approve the purchase order with Computer Logistics as per Section 2.65 (b) and (c) of the City Code.
8. HIRING OF A TEMPORARY RECORDS EMPLOYEE
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the hiring of a temporary employee for the Police Records Division.
9. AUTOMATED VOICE MESSAGING SYSTEM
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the Police Department to implement a voice messaging system.
10. I-5 WILCOX TRUCK CLIMBING LANE PROJECT; OAK TREE MITIGATION
F. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Special Meeting of May 31, 2005, at 7:00 p.m., City Council Chambers.