A G E N D A
Date of Meeting: Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Time of Meeting: 6:15 p.m. Closed Executive Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION: - 6:15 P.M.
1. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
Government Code Section 54956.9
PENDING LITIGATION: CASE NO. 2:06-CV-00720-LKK-PAN
LARRY STEVENS VS. CITY OF RED BLUFF
REGULAR MEETING 7:00 P.M.
B. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
C. PROCLAMATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
1. PROCLAMATION FOSTER CARE MONTH
2. PROCLAMATION RELAY FOR LIFE
D. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS APRIL 2006
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report.
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
MAY 2, 2006 - REGULAR MEETING
3. REPORT ON SALES TAX
Recommendation: Informational Only
4. RESOLUTION NO. 34-2006; PROHIBITING PARKING; A PORTION OF RED BLUFF CITY PARK PARKING AREA; SATURDAY MORNING FARMERS’ MARKET
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 34-2006 and authorize the parking lot closure for the 2006 Red Bluff Farmers’ Market to be held from June 3, 2006 through October 2006.
5. RESOLUTION NO. 35-2006; STREET CLOSURE BOAT DRAGS “SHOW AND SHINE”
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 35-2006 and authorize the street and parking closure times for the Memorial Day Boat Drags “show and shine” to be held on May 26, 2006.
6. PARKING RESTRICTION, 900 BLOCK ALLEY OF MADISON STREET, COMMUNITY PICNIC JUNE 4, 2006 11 A.M. TO 7 P.M., RESOLUTION NO. 36-2006
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the restricted parking for the 900 block alley of Madison and Jefferson Streets between 11 a.m. to 4 pm. On June 4, 2006 and adopt Resolution No. 36-2006.
7. ORDINANCE NO. 968 AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING CHAPTER 24 SECTION 24.32-1 OF THE CITY CODE - WATER
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 968 An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending Chapter 24 Section 24.32-1 of the City Code Water.
8. ORDINANCE NO. 964 AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING CHAPTER 5 CONSTRUCTION REGULATIONS OF THE RED BLUFF CITY CODE
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 964 An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending Chapter 5 Construction Regulations of the Red Bluff City Code.
9. WORKERS COMPENSATION AND LIABILITY INSURANCE REFUND AND ASSESSMENT FOR THE YEAR ENDING 6/30/05
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the application of the liability insurance refund to offset the workers compensation increase for 2004/05.
10. TRI-COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (TCEDC) MEMBERSHIP CONTRACT FOR ECONOMIC PLANNING AND COORDINATION SERVICES - $4,993
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to execute the contract for services with Tri-County Economic Development Corporation for economic planning and coordination membership activities for the 2006/07 fiscal year in the amount of $4,993.
11. PAYROLL WARRANT REPORTS TO CITY COUNCIL
Recommendation: Informational only, no action needed.
12. BAR CODE EVIDENCE TRACKING AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR POLICE DEPARTMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to issue a purchase order with Evidence OnQ in the amount of $10,183.00 for Bar Code Evidence Tracking and Management System including software.
13. UPDATE OF ONSITE BURN DUMP MEETING WITH THE “DEPARTMENT OF TOXIC SUBSTANCE CONTROL”
Recommendation: That the City Council direct the Building Director/Official to prepare a Request for Proposal to perform the testing of soils at the old City burn dump site as required by the “Department of Toxic Substance Control” and bring back to the next City Council meeting for approval prior to mailing.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
E. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. WATER RESERVOIR AND PIPELINE PROJECT CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT SERVICES, CONTRACT AMENDMENT NO. 8
Recommendation: That the City Council approve Contract Amendment No. 8 for Construction Management Services by Pace Civil in the amount of $23,000 and authorize the expenditure from Fund 52-50-340-120.
2. SOLE SOURCE CONTRACT WITH REAL ESTATE ASSOCIATES TO BE THE CITY’S ADMINISTRATIVE SUBCONTRACTOR FOR KIMBALL CROSSING
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Authorize the City Manager to execute the contract for Administrative Subcontractor for Kimball Crossing in the Amount of $24,368.
2. Approve the City Attorney to review and approve the loan documentations and authorize the City Manager to sign the loan documentation with Kimball Crossing.
3. DEVELOPER FUNDING PARTICIPATION DISCUSSION PERTAINING TO THE MUNICIPAL SERVICE REVIEW (MSR) STUDY ASSOCIATED WITH THE CITY OF RED BLUFF SPHERE OF INFLUENCE (SOI) BOUNDARY MAP EXPANSION
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Allow Duke Leggett, Alexander Leggett Development and Ron Moser, Tuscan Village Development Group to address the City Council on their proposed participation in funding of the Municipal Service Review Study; and consider
2. Directing the City Attorney and staff to prepare draft Agreements with the two developers to participate in funding of the MSR study and to bring back Draft Agreements to the City Council for approval at a future meeting.
4. PARKS AND RECREATION LOGO UPDATE
Recommendation: That the City Council concur with staff’s request to change the Parks and Recreation Department logo.
5. MCGLYNN SWIMMING POOL UPDATE
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Utilize the High School Pool for the summer swim season 2006 and direct the Parks and Recreation Department to expedite the necessary RFP’s for the soil engineering analysis. Further direct the Parks and Recreation Department to proceed with the RZH grant work to initiate the pool resurfacing project.
2. Approve supplemental budget appropriation from the General Fund not to exceed $2,200 to complete the soil engineering analysis. In addition to the General Fund, Soil Engineering Analysis will be paid through the following accounts with amounts not to exceed $8,000:
60-62-330 = $2,300
60-62-530 = $2,000
60-62-290 = $1,500
6. RATIFY/APPROVE APRIL PAYABLES CHECK NUMBERS 51753-52043
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve April Payables Checks Number 51753-52043.
F. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of June 6, 2006, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.