A G E N D A
Date of Meeting: Tuesday, May 2, 2006
Time of Meeting: 6:15 p.m. Closed Executive Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION 6:15 p.m.
1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS: Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54956.8
Conference with Real Property Negotiators
Assessor’s Parcel Number 031-220-17
2. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS: Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing the City’s designated representative, Nickolaus and Haeg, Labor Negotiators and John Blacklock, Interim City Manager, and Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits with the Police Unit.
3. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE REVIEW
Title: Interim City Manager (Government Code Section 54957)
B. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
REGULAR MEETING 7:00 P.M.
1. TEHAMA COUNTY PEACE OFFICERS’ MEMORIAL DAY
2. VETERANS APPRECIATION MONTH
3. MENTAL HEALTH MONTH IN RED BLUFF
4. BUILDING SAFETY WEEK 2006
1. TABLETOP DISASTER TRAINING MAY 18TH
PRESENTATION BY FIRE CHIEF GERRY GRAY
2. INTRODUCTION OF TEMPORARY BUILDING INSPECTORS
BY J. D. ELLISON, SR., BUILDING DIRECTOR/OFFICIAL
E. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
April 18, 2006
2. RESOLUTION NO. 32-2006 A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AUTHORIZING THE TEHAMA COUNTY SANITARY LANDFILL AGENCY TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION TO THE DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATION DIVISION OF RECYCLING UNDER THE CALIFORNIA BEVERAGE CONTAINER RECYCLING AND LITTER REDUCTION ACT
RESOLUTION NO. 33-2006 A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AUTHORIZING THE TEHAMA COUNTY SANITARY LANDFILL AGENCY TO SUBMIT A REGIONAL APPLICATION TO THE CALIFORNIA INTEGRATED WASTE MANAGEMENT BOARDS FOR THE USED OIL BLOCK GRANT, 12TH CYCLE (FY 2006/07)
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No’s 32-2006 and 33-2006 authorizing the Tehama County Sanitary Landfill Agency to submit applications for grant funding.
3. PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CDBG AND HOUSING RELATED PROGRAMS AND PROJECT SERVICES
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Review the attached proposed scope of services.
2. Authorize staff to advertise for bid, or
3. Provide further direction to staff.
4. EXTENSION OF BUSINESS FAÇADE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the extension of the Business Façade Improvement Program until December 31, 2007 and request the extension with the funding agency (USDA) Rural Development.
5. PURCHASE OF PUMPS AND VALVES FOR THE RIVERSIDE LIFT STATION RETRO-FIT PROJECT
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the waiver of the bid process for the purpose of pumps, thereby enabling the City of Red Bluff to standardize the needs of the city for system uniformity, effective maintenance, cost effectiveness or similar purposes and allow the sole source purchase from Pacific Water Resources.
6. STREET DEPARTMENT VEHICLE
Recommendation: That the City Council direct staff to purchase the vehicle from Coalinga Motor, Inc.
7. ALCOHOL BEVERAGE LICENSE; PERSON TO PERSON TRANSFER; TYPE 47 (ON-SALE GENERAL EATING PLACE); FULL SERVICE RESTAURANT WITH BAR; 500 RIVERSIDE WAY; RIVERSIDE BAR AND GRILL (NAME OF BUSINESS); CHRIS DITTNER (FIRST OWNER)
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Acknowledge the application for a person to person transfer of Type 47 (On-Sale General Eating Place) Alcoholic Beverage License for the Riverside Bar and Grill located at 500 Riverside Way.
2. Affirm the conclusion of the Planning Director and the Chief of Police that protesting the license is not necessary provided the applicant complies with the following condition(s):
A. The applicant (Mr. Chris Dittner; First Owner) shall complete a City of Red Bluff Planning Application and pay the $200 processing fee for the City reviewing the proposed ABC License; New Type 47 (On-Sale General Eating Place).
8. TIERED RATE OPERATING ENGINEERS HEALTH AND WELFARE
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify the change to a tiered rate on the medical/prescription drug coverage provided by Operating engineers Health and Welfare effective January 1, 2006; as well as the Employee/Employer Rate Schedule on the attached document.
9. NORTH STATE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS CONSORTIUM
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to sign the Agreement for Special Services, thus renewing the City’s membership in the North State Consortium.
10. STREET CLOSURE, RESOLUTION NO. 27-2006 DOWNTOWN RED BLUFF BUSINESS ASSOCIATION ANNUAL ART AND WINE FESTIVAL
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 27-2006 for a street closure for the annual Art and Wine festival on Washington Street between Pine and Oak Streets between the hours of 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
11. DE-OBLIGATION OF FUNDS FEDERAL AID PROJECT RPSTPLE-5052 (013) PEDESTRIAN AND BIKE TRAIL REEDS/BRICKYARD CREEK
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the attached request for de-obligation of funds for RPSTPLE-5052 (013).
12. DESIGNATION OF RON YOUNG AS CITY ENGINEER/CITY SURVEYOR ON A ONE TIME BASIS FOR THE PURPOSE OF SIGNING AND STAMPING PARCEL MAP 05-52 AND AUTHORIZE THE FILING OF PARCEL MAP 05-52
Recommendation: That the City Council designate Ron Young with Willdan as City Engineer/City Surveyor on a one time basis for the purposes of signing Parcel Map 05-52 and authorize the filing of parcel Map 05-52
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
F. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. RECRUITMENT FOR CITY MANAGER
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to enter into a contract with Bob Murray and Associates to conduct an executive recruitment for the position of City Manager for the City of Red Bluff and approve a supplemental budget appropriation for $25,000 from 10-12-340-100.
2. LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES
LEGISLATIVE ACTION DAYS MAY 17TH AND 18TH
Recommendation: That the City Council review the legislative issues and take positions or provide other direction as appropriate.
3. ALLOCATION OF FUNDS FOR NEW CITY HALL SERVER
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize a supplemental budget appropriation in the amount of $13,696 for the purchase and installation of software and equipment for a New City Hall Server. The cost will be split between the Building Department, Water, Wastewater and City Administration based on the number of current computers.
4. ORDINANCE NO. 968 AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING CHAPTER 24 SECTION 24.32-1 OF THE CITY CODE - WATER
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the first reading and introduce Ordinance No. 968 an Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending Chapter 24 Section 24.32-1 of the City Code Water.
5. WATER RESERVOIR AND PIPELINE PROJECT CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT SERVICES, CONTRACT AMENDMENT NO. 7
Recommendation: That the City Council approve Contract Amendment No. 7 for Construction Management services by Pace Civil in the amount of $23,000 and authorize the expenditure from Fund 52-50-340-120.
6. SCHEDULING OF SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING FOR THE PUBLIC HEARING ON THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT AND PROJECT APPLICATIONS FOR THE WAL-MART SUPERCENTER PROJECT
Recommendation: That the City Council schedule a Special City Council meeting for the Wal-Mart Supercenter Project Public Hearing at the Community/Senior Center Auditorium on Thursday, June 8, 2006.
7. APPLICATION TO TEHAMA COUNTY LAFCO FOR THE CITY OF RED BLUFF SPHERE OF INFLUENCE (SOI) BOUNDARY MAP EXPANSION AND DEVELOPER FUNDING AGREEMENTS
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Approve use of $1,000 from the Municipal Service Review budget allocation from the Development Impact Fee account to pay for the $1,000 LAFCO application fee for the City of Red Bluff Sphere of Influence boundary map expansion.
2. Direct the City Attorney and staff to prepare draft Agreements with the two developers to participate in funding of the MSR study and to bring back Draft Agreements to the City Council for approval at a future meeting.
8. ORDINANCE NO. 964 AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING CHAPTER 5 CONSTRUCTION REGULATIONS OF THE RED BLUFF CITY CODE
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the first reading and introduce Ordinance No. 964 An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending Chapter 5 Construction Regulations of the Red Bluff City Code.
9. REQUESTING PERMISSION FOR AN ONSITE BURN DUMP MEETING WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF TOXIC SUBSTANCE CONTROL
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the Building Director to proceed with the process required by the state in regards to the clean up process of the old city burn dump.
G. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of May 16, 2006, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.