Date of Meeting: Tuesday, April 19, 2005
Time of Meeting: 7:00 p.m. Regular Adjourned Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
1. 150TH CELEBRATION OF THE RED BLUFF MASONIC LODGE – Allen Haynes
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS – MARCH 2005
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report.
2. RATIFY/APPROVE MARCH PAYROLL CHECKS NUMBERS 17470-17603; MARCH PAYROLL DIRECT DEPOSIT NUMBERS 5370-5530; MARCH PAYABLES CHECK NUMBERS 47863-48202 (CHECK 47862 VOIDED)
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve March Payroll Checks Number 17470-17603; March Payroll Direct Deposit Numbers 5370-5530; March Payables Check Numbers 47863-48202 (Check 47862 Voided).
3. CITY HALL JANITORIAL SERVICES CONTRACT AMENDMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize an increase in the City Hall janitorial service contract in the amount of $100 per month for a total monthly cost of $1,730 per month as requested by Peerless Building Maintenance Company.
4. SURPLUS AIRPORT FUEL TRUCKS
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to surplus two airport fuel trucks, a 1966 Ford and a 1969 GMC and direct staff to dispose of the units in accordance with City procedures and return the revenue from the sale to Fund 55.
5. ALCOHOL BEVERAGE LICENSE; PERSON TO PERSON TRANSFER TYPE 48 (ON-SALE GENERAL); FULL BAR; 610 WASHINGTON ST.; HURRY BACK INN (NAME OF BUSINESS); RONALD K. AND ALICE K. ARTER (APPLICANT/OWNER)
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Acknowledge the application for a Person to Person Transfer of a Type 48 (On-Sale General) Alcoholic Beverage License for the Hurry Back Inn located at 610 Washington St.
2. Affirm the conclusion of the Planning Director and the Chief of Police that protesting the license and requesting conditions is not necessary.
6. MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to sign the Agreement with Tehama County Health Services Agency, Public Hearing Division.
7. RESOLUTION NO. 36-2005; STREET CLOSURE BOAT DRAGS “SHOW AND SHINE”
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 36-2005 and authorize the street and parking closure times for the Memorial Day Boat Drags “show and shine” to be held on May 27, 2005.
8. RESOLUTION NO. 38-2005
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 38-2005 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending the Employment Agreement with Susan R. Price, City Manager.
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. EL CERRITO DRIVE TRAFFIC CONTROL REQUEST
Recommendation: That the City Council refer the El Cerrito traffic complaint to staff for review and follow up with the citizens.
2. CONTINUATION OF APPEAL – BEN’S TRUCK REPAIR, INC. MANDATORY GARBAGE COLLECTION
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the appeal request from Ben Sale, President/Owner, Ben’s Truck Repair, Inc., for an exemption from mandatory trash collection due to self-hauling of garbage to the landfill.
3. CONTINUATION OF APPEAL – KIMBERLY MANSFIELD
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the appeal request from Kimberly Mansfield for an exemption from mandatory trash collection due to inability to pay the cost for residential garbage collection.
4. APPEAL – MANDATORY GARBAGE COLLECTION
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the appeal request from Ramona Hille for an exemption from mandatory trash collection due to the fact that she rents, never had garbage service, recycles all waste, and travels.
5. RESOLUTION NO. 37-2005; RESOLUTION OF INTENTION TO APPROVE AN AMENDMENT BETWEEN THE BOARD OF ADMINISTRATION OF THE CALIFORNIA PUBLIC EMPLOYEES’ RETIREMENT SYSTEM AND THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 37-2005.
6. ORDINANCE NO. 960; AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING THE CONTRACT BETWEEN THE PUBLIC EMPLOYEES’ RETIREMENT SYSTEM AND THE CITY OF RED BLUFF – 3% @ 50 FOR LOCAL POLICE MEMBERS ONLY
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the first reading and introduce Ordinance No. 960.
7. HOME IMPROVEMENT PERMIT HOLIDAY UPDATE AND OTHER PERMITS ISSUED DURING THIS TIME SPAN
Recommendation: Informational item only.
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Special Meeting of April 21, 2005, at 6:30 p.m., Red Bluff Community Center.