Date of Meeting: Tuesday, March 15, 2005
Time of Meeting: 5:00 p.m. Closed Executive Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Adjourned Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION (5:00 P.M.):
1. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION
Alpha Vista v. City of Red Bluff, et. al., Case No. 54170
2. Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing the City’s designated representative, Nickolaus and Haeg, Labor Negotiators and Susan Price, City Manager, Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits with the Mid-Management Employees.
3. Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing the City’s designated representative, Nickolaus and Haeg, Labor Negotiators and Susan Price, City Manager, Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits with the Fire Unit.
REGULAR ADJOURNED MEETING 7:00 P.M.
B. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
1. RED BLUFF LITTLE LEAGUE 50TH ANNIVERSARY
D. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
March 1, 2005 Regular Meeting
2. REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS – FEBRUARY 2005
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report.
3. RATIFY/APPROVE FEBRUARY PAYABLES CHECK NUMBERS 47578-47861
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve February Payables Check Numbers 47578-47861
4. BICYCLE TRANSPORTATION ACCOUNT GRANT DESIGN REVIEW CONSULTING, PACE CIVIL ON-CALL AGREEMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to add the BTA Grant engineering design review work to Pace’s on-call agreement in the amount of $3,000 that will be paid from BTA grant funds received by the City.
5. ORDINANCE NO. 959 – AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF UPDATING CHAPTER 2: ADMINISTRATION: GENERAL PROVISIONS
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 959 amending Chapter 2 of the City Code.
6. SOFTBALL LEAGUE RULE UPDATE
7. REQUEST TO USE CITY STREETS/PROPERTY FOR SPECIAL EVENT; RESOLUTION NO. 33-2005
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 33-2005 approving the request by McMahan’s Furniture to use a portion of the City owned parking lot at the corner of Hickory and Rio Streets for this event and request that they coordinate with the Public Works Department for the requested barricades.
8. LIBERTY MEDICAL PLAZA – FINAL INSPECTION REFUND
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the reimbursement of $20,000 in security deposit funds for the Liberty Medical Plaza project.
9. GREENWASTE OF TEHAMA ANNUAL REPORT JANUARY TO DECEMBER 2003
Recommendation: Informational – Review and comment
10. GREENWASTE OF TEHAMA ANNUAL REPORT JANUARY TO DECEMBER 2004
Recommendation: Informational – Review and Comment
11. ORDINANCE NO. 957; REZONE NO. 196; REVISING CITY CODE SECTION 25.239 DEFINITIONS; SMALL ANIMAL KEEPING, TO INCLUDE STANDARDS AND RESTRICTION ON POULTRY AND RABBITS OR OTHER SIMILAR SMALL ANIMALS PER HOUSEHOLD
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 957, rescinding and replacing Section 25.239 DEFINITIONS; Small Animal Keeping of the Red Bluff City Code, as contained in the attached City Council modified version of Ordinance No. 957.
12. NAME CHANGE FROM DZ, INC. TO RED BLUFF AIR, INC.
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the Airport Commission’s recommendation and approve the name change to Red Bluff Air, Inc. and direct staff to modify all contracts with DZ, Inc. to reflect Red Bluff Air, Inc.
13. HANGAR LEASE FOR 1950 AIRPORT BLVD.
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the Airport Commission recommendation and authorize the City Manager to execute a standard hangar lease agreement for 1950 Airport Blvd with Red Bluff Air.
14. AUTHORIZED HIRE OF QUALIFIED TEMP EMPLOYEES FOR BUILDING DEPARTMENT UPDATE
15. INFORMATIONAL ITEM – CITY OF RED BLUFF FACTS AND DEMOGRAPHICS UPDATE
Recommendation: Information only.
16. EARTHQUAKE INSURANCE QUOTES FOR 2005/06 FISCAL YEAR
17. RESOLUTION NO. 31-2005 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF ADOPTING AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT WITH MARGARET VAN WARMERDAM FOR THE POSITION OF FINANCE DIRECTOR
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 31-2005 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Adopting an Employment Agreement with Margaret Van Warmerdam for the Position of Finance Director.
18. SURPLUS OLD MOBILE CRANE
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to surplus the 1947 Sterling Crane and pursue funding for a replacement.
E. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. RESOLUTION NO. 34-2005 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AUTHORIZING THE TEHAMA COUNTY SANITARY LANDFILL AGENCY TO THE CALIFORNIA INTEGRATED WASTE MANAGEMENT BOARD A REGIONAL APPLICATION FOR A HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE GRANT
Recommendation: That the City Council approve Resolution No. 34-2005 – A Resolution Authorizing the Tehama County Sanitary Landfill Agency to Submit to the California Integrated waste Management Board a Regional Application For a Household Hazardous Waste Grant.
2. RESOLUTION NO. 35-2005 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AUTHORIZING THE TEHAMA COUNTY SANITARY LANDFILL AGENCY TO SUBMIT TO THE CALIFORNIA INTEGRATED WASTE MANAGEMENT BOARD A REGIONAL APPLICATION FOR A FARM AND RANCH SOLID WASTE CLEANUP AND ABATEMENT GRANT
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 35-2005 – A Resolution of the City of Red Bluff Authorizing the Tehama County Sanitary Landfill Agency to Submit to the California Integrated Waste Management Board a Regional Application for a Farm and Ranch Solid Waste Cleanup and Abatement Grant.
3. AD HOC COMMITTEE
CITYWIDE USER FEE STUDY
Recommendation: That the City Council confirm the appointment of City Councilmembers Andy Houghton and Wayne Brown, with City Councilmember Forrest Flynn as an alternate, to the Citywide User Fee Ad Hoc Committee, approve the ten (10) member make-up of the Citywide User Fee Ad Hoc Committee including the four citizens, and approve the preliminary meeting schedule subject to change OR take any other action the City Council determines appropriate.
4. RED BLUFF UNION HIGH SCHOOL BUILDING EXPANSION FIRE FLOW
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the Red Bluff High School District’s proposal for construction of the Phase 1, 12-inch and Phase 2, 8-inch water lines as described above in accordance with the requirements stated herein.
5. RECOGNITION OF CURRENT AND PAST CITY MAYORS AND CITY COUNCILMEMBERS
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss recognition of current and past City Mayors and City Councilmembers through a visual display at City Hall as requested by Mayor Larry Stevens.
6. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PURCHASE A VEHICLE FOR THE USE OF BUILDING DEPARTMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the supplemental appropriation of $19,424.18 from 20-26-540-100 to purchase a used vehicle per the Building Department and the required Title 24 Bldg. Code books for placement in the vehicle.
7. AMENDMENT TO RED BLUFF INTERIORS CITY HALL FLOOR REPLACEMENT PROJECT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the addition of the City Hall employee restroom floor replacements to the contract with Red Bluff Interiors in the amount of $2,687 as a supplemental appropriation from Fund 25.
8. AIRPORT ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT, REPORT & PERMIT FACILITATION, HANOVER ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize that the additional work Tasks 1 through 8 be added to the on-call contract with Hanover, Inc. in the amount of $29,805 and authorize the City Manager to add Options A, B & C as necessary in the amount of $15,000, with the cost of the work being divided 70% from Fund 55 and 30% from Fund 56.
9. INFORMATIONAL ITEM – PLANNING DEPARTMENT CURRENT DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS STATUS SHEET
Recommendation: Informational only.
F. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of April 5, 2005, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.