Date of Meeting: Tuesday, March 7, 2006
Time of Meeting: 6:15 p.m. Closed Executive Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION – 6:15 p.m.
1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS: Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54956.8
Assessor’s Parcel Number 031-220-17
2. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS: Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing the City’s instructing the City’s designated representative, Nickolaus and Haeg, Labor Negotiators and Al Shamblin, Police Chief, and Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the negotiable employee benefits for the Miscellaneous Unit, Police Unit, Fire Unit, Mid-Management and Management.
3. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS: Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing the City’s designated representative, Nickolaus and Haeg, Labor Negotiators and Al Shamblin, Police Chief, Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits with the Fire Unit.
B. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
REGULAR MEETING – 7:00 P.M.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
a. January 17, 2006
b. February 21, 2006
2. REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS FEBRUARY 2006
That the City Council accept the report.
3. CALIFORNIA TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION (CTC) TYPE I BUS UPDATE
4. NIMS COMPLIANCE UPDATE
Recommendation: Informational Only.
5. REPORT ON SALES TAX
Recommendation: Informational Only.
6. EXECUTION OF DEEDS FOR CITY PROPERTY TO FRANK AND BARBARA MOORE AND LESLIE AND JUDITH HARRIS
That the City Council authorize the Mayor to sign the deeds granting ownership of that property adjacent to Lot 1 and Lot 3 to Frank and Barbara Moore and granting ownership of that property adjacent to Lot 2 to Leslie and Judith Harris with the condition that all costs associated with the transfer of this property be paid by the recipients.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. RED BLUFF FIREFIGHTER’S ASSOCIATION REQUEST TO ADDRESS THE CITY COUNCIL
That the City Council listen to Red Bluff Firefighter’s association member(s) address to the City Council.
2. TEHAMA COUNTY STATE FAIR EXHIBIT
That the City Council determine the amount of contribution for the 2006 State Fair and Tehama District Fair exhibit.
3. RESOLUTION NO. 19-2006; CITY FUNDS
That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 19-2006 which revises and establishes the signatures on the City’s Bank accounts.
4. RESOLUTION NO. 20-2006; CITY FUNDS
That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 20-2006 which establishes the required signatures on the City’s Local Agency Investment Fund.
5. ACCEPTANCE OF ONLINE BANKING PAYMENTS FOR WATER AND SEWER ACCOUNTS
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Authorize Finance Director to approve a new bank account with Umpqua Bank for online payments for water and sewer customers.
2. Authorize Finance Director to set-up internal reports with computer consultant – Computer Logistics and New England Municipal Report Company from current budget funds.
3. Provide further direction to staff.
6. APPOINTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSIONER
That the City Council consider one of the following suggestions:
1. Appoint the remaining applicant, Elizabeth Piffero as a Commissioner to fill the last seat of the Parks and Recreation Commission.
2. Re-advertise for the remaining Commission seat.
3. Appoint an Elementary School Trustee recommended person to the position.
4. Postpone the appointment until the Parks and Recreation Commission has finished the City Code Article IV revision or
5. Provide other direction to staff.
7. BUSINESS CARDS FOR PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSIONERS
That the City Council provide direction to staff regarding purchase of business cards for appointed Parks and Recreation Commissioners and provide guidelines for use of those cards.
8. CONTRACT AWARD NOTIFICATION FOR THE MCGLYNN SWIMMING POOL
That the City Council accept the contract award notification and authorize the Parks and Recreation Department to execute the McGlynn Swimming Pool renovation project.
9. CONTRACT AWARD NOTIFICATION FOR THE PHASE II OF THE DIAMOND PARK SKATE PARK
That the City Council accept the contract award notification and authorize the Parks and Recreation Department to execute the Diamond Park Phase II Skate Park project.
10. INCLUSION OF RED BLUFF TRAILS UNITED AS A SUB-COMMITTEE OF THE PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
That the City Council include the Red Bluff Trails United as part of the Parks and Recreation Commission.
11. PHOTO RELEASE WAIVER
That the City Council consider the photo release waiver and provide direction to staff.
12. STREET DEPARTMENT VEHICLE
That the City Council direct staff to go back out to bid for the Street Department vehicle.
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
F. CLOSED SESSION:
1. CONTINUED ANNUAL PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
Title: City Manager (Government Code Section 54957)
Meeting of March 21, 2006, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.