Date of Meeting: Thursday, February 10, 2005
Time of Meeting: 5:00 p.m.
Place of Meeting: Red Bluff City Council Chambers
555 Washington St.
Red Bluff, CA 96080
This agenda has been posted pursuant to Resolution No. 28-1995.
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
B. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. RESOLUTION NO. 21-2005 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF ADOPTING AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT WITH NIKODEMAS REIKALAS FOR THE POSITION OF PARKS AND RECREATION DIRECTOR
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 21-2005 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Adopting an Employment Agreement with Nikodemas Reikalas for the Position of Parks and Recreation Director.
2. RESOLUTION NO. 20-2005; A RESOLUTION ADOPTING A FINAL BUDGET FOR THE FISCAL YEAR JULY 1, 2004 TO JUNE 30, 2005
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 20-2005 thereby adopting the 2004/2005 Final City Budget which includes final revenues and expenditures as contained in the City’s 2003/2004 City Audit, and all other revenues and expenditures approved by the City Council since the adoption of the 2004/2005 Preliminary City Budget.
3. PURCHASE, PROCUREMENT, AND FINANCING OF A TYPE II/III COMBINATION WILDLANDS/STRUCTURE FIRE ENGINE
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Approve the purchase of a Type II/III Combination Wildland/Structure Fire Engine (Saber Pumper)
2. Approve the cooperative purchase procedure of the engine with Higgins Area Fire Protection District from Pierce Manufacturing Inc. through Golden Sate Apparatus Inc.
3. Approve the total purchase amount of $342,319.02 to be financed with a down payment of $100,000 from Fund 19 Fire Capital Reserves, a deferral of the first year’s annual payment and seven (7) more annual payments of $40,776.45 each from a combination of Public Safety Fire Funds, Fire Impact Funds, and/or a cost allocation of Water Enterprises Funds.
4. Authorize the City Manager to execute the lease financing agreement for the Type II/III Combination Wildland/Structure Fire Engine (Saber Pumper) with Pierce Manufacturing Inc. through Golden State Apparatus Inc.
Meeting of February 15, 2005, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.