Date of Meeting: Tuesday, February 7, 2006
Time of Meeting: 6:15 p.m. Closed Executive Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION: - 6:15 P.M.
1. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS: Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54956.8 –
Conference with Real Property Negotiators
1. Assessor’s Parcel Number 035-490-40
2. Assessor’s Parcel Number 031-220-17
REGULAR MEETING – 7:00 P.M.
B. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. PURCHASING STRUCTURAL PROTECTIVE CLOTHING FOR FIRE DEPARTMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council recognize L. N. Curtis & Sons as a sole source vendor for the purchase of GLOBE-brand structural firefighting clothing.
2. UMPQUA BANK CREDIT CARD
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the Finance Director and City Manager to execute the Business Card Liability Agreement with Umpqua Bank.
3. LAND DIVISION AND ENGINEERING DESIGN STANDARDS UPDATE, CONTRACT AMENDMENT NO. 2
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to execute Amendment No. 2 to the Land Division and Engineering Design Standards Update contract with Wildan in the amount of $900 and authorize the expenditure of funds from the Development Impact Fee accounts as stated herein.
4. PUBLIC WORKS DRAWINGS SCANNING AND ARCHIVING PROJECT – CHANGE ORDER NO. 1
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to execute Contract Change Order No. 1 to the Public Works Drawings Scanning and Archiving Project Contract with Graphic Imaging Services, Inc. in the amount of $5,634.91 and authorize the expenditure of funds from Funds 45 and 50 equally.
5. LAND DIVISION AND ENGINEERING DESIGN STANDARDS UPDATE, PRINTING COST
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the expenditure of $950 from the Development Impact Fee accounts as stated herein.
6. PARKING RESTRICTION, 500 BLOCK OF WASHINGTON STREET, FOR THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE BAND – FEBRUARY 11, 2006, RESOLUTION NO. 10-2006
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the restricted parking for the east side of the 500 block of Washington Street from the entrance to the Dental Clinic north to Oak Street from 1 PM to 11 PM on February 11, 2006 and adopt Resolution No. 10-2006.
7. AMENDMENT TO CELL PHONE POLICY
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the amendment to the Cell Phone Policy.
8. UNCLAIMED CHECK POLICY UNDER FIFTEEN DOLLARS
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the transfer of the unclaimed checks less than ($15) fifteen dollars from other Special Funds to the General Fund per California Government Code Section 50053 and the City’s Unclaimed Check Policy.
9. SENIOR NUTRITION ONE-TIME FUND ALLOTMENT AND THE COMMUNITY/SENIOR CENTER IMPROVEMENT OF THE GARDENSIDE ROOM
10. TRASH RECEPTACLE AND SMOKER STATION GRANT FUNDING FROM THE TEHAMA COUNTY SANITARY LANDFILL AGENCY
Recommendation: That the City Council request the $3,500 in available Beverage Container Grant funds for the trash receptacles and smokers stations which will be procured by the Tehama County Sanitary Landfill Agency as well as approve the $245 that will be allocated from the Park and Recreation Department Budget.
11. ORDINANCE NO. 966 – AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING CHAPTER 24 OF THE CITY MUNICIPAL CODE – WATER – SECOND READING AND ADOPTION
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 966 – An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending Chapter 24 of the City Municipal Code – Water.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. APPOINTMENT TO FILL STUDENT MEMBER VACANCY ON PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
Recommendation: That the City Council make the necessary appointment to the Parks and Recreation Commission to fill the Student Representative position, which expires on December 31, 2006.
2. COMMUNITY/SENIOR CENTER FEE FACILITY WAIVERS
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the information provided at the meeting this evening and provide direction to staff.
3. RELAY FOR LIFE PARKING AT THE COMMUNITY/SENIOR CENTER
Recommendation: That the City Council provide direction to staff regarding parking at the Community/Senior Center during rental functions and the Relay for Life event on June 10-11, 2006.
4. INFORMATIONAL LETTER REGARDING INCREASED WATER PRESSURE – 3MG TANK AND PIPELINE PROJECT
Recommendation: That the City Council review the attached letter and;
1. Approve the letter and authorize the expenditure of $930 from Fund 50-50-330, or
2. Provide other direction to staff.
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of February 21, 2006, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.