Date of Meeting: Tuesday, February 1, 2005
Time of Meeting: 7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
This agenda has been posted pursuant to Resolution No. 28-1995.
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE BAND OF THE GOLDEN WEST
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. PARKING RESTRICTION, 500 BLOCK OF WASHINGTON STREET, FOR THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE BAND – FEBRUARY 16, 2005; 7:30 P.M. – RESOLUTION NO. 17-2005
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the restricted parking for the east side of the 500 block of Washington Street from the entrance to the Dental Clinic north to Oak Street from 1 PM to 11 PM on February 16, 2005 and adopt Resolution No. 17-2005.
2. WATER POLLUTION ABATEMENT FACILITY OPERATIONS
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt the Water Pollution Abatement Facility operational guidelines and requirements proposed by the Airport Commission.
3. 3MG WATER STORAGE TANK AND PIPELINE PROJECT PROPERTY ACQUISITION
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the purchase of the tank site and pipeline easement from the Estate of Merle Crook in the amount of $55,300 and authorize the City Manager to execute the documents necessary to complete the transaction.
4. PUBLIC WORKS RADIO FREQUENCY CHANGE
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the sole source purchase of the Public Works Frequency Conversion Project from Valley Industrial Communications in accordance with the attached quote.
5. ANTELOPE SANITARY SEWER SMALL COMMUNITY WASTEWATER GRANT PROGRAM, APPLICATION STATUS RESOLUTION NO. 18-2005
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No 18-2005, application for a SCWG in support of the Antelope Sanitary Sewer Project.
6. RESOLUTION NO. 15-2005 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF ADOPTING AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT WITH GARY B. ANTONE FOR THE POSITION OF PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR/CITY ENGINEER
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 15-2005 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Adopting an Employment Agreement with Gary B. Antone for the Position of Public Works Director/City Engineer
7. HOME IMPROVEMENT “BUILDING PERMIT FEES” WAIVED INFORMATION UPDATE
Recommendation: That the City Council accept this report as an informational item only.
8. REPORT ON SALES TAX
Recommendation: Informational Only.
9. HOME DEPOT – FINAL INSPECTION REFUND
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the reimbursement of $25,000 in security deposit funds for the Home Depot project to Shames Construction.
10. THOMAS RAPATZ – FINAL INSPECTION REFUND
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the reimbursement of $12,900 in security deposit funds for the 2060 Greystone Court Project.
11. PROFESSIONAL AUDITING SERVICES FOR THE ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT FOR FISCAL YEAR ENDED JUNE 30, 2005 AND THE ANNUAL TRANSPORTATION DEVELOPMENT ACT FUND AUDIT FOR FISCAL YEAR ENDED JUNE 30, 2005
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to finalize the arrangement for professional audit services for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2005.
12. TREASURER’S REPORT
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report for the month of December 2004.
13. RESOLUTION NO. 9-2005 – AUTHORIZING INVESTMENT OF MONIES IN THE LOCAL AGENCY INVESTMENT FUND
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 9-2005 authorizing investment of monies in the Local Agency Investment Fund and designating the City Treasurer, the City Manager and the Finance Director as authorized persons to order deposits or withdrawals. Two signatures are required on all transactions.
14. REVISED RESERVE POLICE OFFICER POLICY
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the revised Reserve Officer Policy.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
January 18, 2005
2. OTHER AGENCY REPRESENTATION
Recommendation: That the City Council review the current City Councilmember assignments and determine other agency representation for 2005.
3. TEHAMA COUNTY DEPT. OF EDUCATION AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM - SERRF
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the Memorandum of Understanding for the school drop in program for Vista School students contingent upon final approval by the new Parks and Recreation Director and City Manager.
4. PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER; TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP 04-41; RESOLUTION NO. 16-2005; 2736 ORIOLE DR.; MR. ALAN DENNISTON (OWNER)
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Conduct the Public Hearing
2. Consider all public testimony and all other information relating to this project submitted to the Commission.
3. Adopt Resolution No. 16-2005 approving Tentative Parcel Map 04-41 with the Findings and Conditions of approval shown in Resolution No. 16-2005.
5. GENERAL PLAN UPDATE – ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Consider the recommendation and discuss the size of the General Plan Update Advisory Committee.
2. Consider the recommendation and discuss the selection criteria of the General Plan Update Advisory Committee.
3. Consider the recommendation and discuss the term of the General Plan Update Advisory Committee.
4. Approve the Planning Commission recommendations on the General Plan Update Advisory Committee and direct staff begin implementation and recruitment of the Advisory Committee.
6. OPERATIONAL DIRECTIVE FOR MEDICINAL MARIJUANA INVESTIGATIONS
Recommendation: That the City Council approve Operational Directive 2005-01 concerning Medicinal Marijuana Investigations.
7. STAFF INITIATION OF AN ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
Recommendation: Informational Item only – No action necessary.
8. REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR BANK SERVICES
Recommendation: That the City Council consider two options for Bank Services:
1. Issuance of a Request for Proposals for Bank Services.
2. Transfer agreement with Tehama Bank to Umpqua Bank.
3. That the City Council provide direction to staff regarding bank services.
9. RESOLUTION NO. 10-2005; AUTHORIZING CONTINUANCE OF THE EXISTING UMPQUA BANK CONTRACT; WAIVE COLLATERALIZATION; AND DESIGNATE AUTHORIZED PERSONS
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 10-2005 authorizing continuance of the existing bank contract with Umpqua Bank; waive collateralization; and designate authorized persons on the active non-interest bearing Business Deposit Accounts.
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of February 15, 2005, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.