Date of Meeting: Tuesday, January 18, 2005
Time of Meeting: 7:00 p.m. Regular Adjourned Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
This agenda has been posted pursuant to Resolution No. 28-1995.
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
1. Tehama County Mentoring Month
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
a) December 21, 2004 Regular Adjourned Meeting
b) January 4, 2005 Regular Meeting
2. RATIFY/APPROVE DECEMBER PAYROLL CHECKS NUMBERS 17074-17197; DECEMBER PAYROLL DIRECT DEPOSIT NUMBERS 4886-5052
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve December Payroll Checks Number 17074-17197; December Payroll Direct Deposit Numbers 4886-5052.
3. PUBLIC WORKS PART-TIME PERSONNEL REQUEST
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the in-budget expenditure reallocation for Fund 43-42 of $5,000 from Materials & Services to Personnel Services and authorize the hiring of part-time personnel as defined above.
4. RESOLUTION NO. 14-2005 AMENDING THE COMPENSATION PLAN FOR PARKS AND RECREATION, COMMUNITY CENTER AND SENIOR NUTRITION EMPLOYEES NOT COVERED BY A BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council approve proposed Resolution No. 14-2005.
5. AMENDMENT OF THE COOK, ASSISTANT COOK, AND SITE COORDINATOR CLASS SPECIFICATIONS
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the attached proposed amended job classifications for Cook, Food Service Worker I, and Site Coordinator.
6. RESOLUTION NO. 8-2005, DESIGNATION OF A NO PARKING ZONE ON WALNUT STREET AT THE COUNTY OFFICE COMPLEX DRIVEWAY
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 8-2005, designating a portion of Walnut Street as a no parking zone in accordance with Section 13.20-1, RBCC.
7. RESOLUTION NO. 12-2005, DESIGNATION OF A NO PARKING ZONE ON OAK STREET BEHIND THE CITY HALL BUILDING
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution 12-2005, designating a portion of Oak Street as no parking in accordance with Section 13.20-1, of the Red Bluff City Code.
8. ABANDONMENT OF EXCESS RIGHT OF WAY, BEACHHEAD PROPERTIES, RESOLUTION NO. 13-2005
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 13-2005 and authorize the execution of the grant deed to Beachhead Properties and the recording of same.
9. SUTTER STREET/LIBERTY PARKWAY PUBLIC ROAD AND UTILITY RIGHTS OF WAY
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the public road and utility right of way and easement executed by Iqbal and Harjit Kaur Sandhu, Beachhead Properties, and Redding Oil Company and authorize staff to record the documents.
10. VISTA RIDGE APARTMENT PUBLIC ROAD AND UTILITY EASEMENTS
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the public road and utility easements executed by Anita A. Butler and Dorothy O. Parent and authorize staff to record the documents.
11. 2005 BULLETPROOF VEST PARTNERSHIP GRANT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to submit a proposal to the 2005 Bulletproof Vest Partnership Program for the purchase of (10) bulletproof vests to be purchased upon the hiring of new officers within the Department, at a cost of $4,997.90, with a City cash match of $2,498.95.
12. TREASURER’S REPORT
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report for the months of October and November 2004.
13. RATIFY/APPROVE DECEMBER PAYABLES CHECK NOS. 46972-47274.
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve December Payables Check Nos. 46972-47274.
14. REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS – DECEMBER 2004
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the December 2004 report regarding Contract Awards.
15. STREET REPORT FOR 2003/04
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt the Street Report for 2003/04.
16. ANNUAL FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS REPORT FOR 2003/04
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt the Annual Financial Transactions Report for 2003/004
17. RESOLUTION NO. 11-2005; A RESOLUTION ADOPTING A HAZARD MITIGATION PLAN
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 11-2005 implementing the new City of Red Bluff Hazard Mitigation Plan.
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. WELCOME CERTIFICATES FOR NEW BUSINESSES
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss the provision of welcome certificates to new businesses and provide direction to staff.
2. PUBLIC HEARING AND RESOLUTION NO. 6-2005 REGARDING FISCAL YEAR 2005 ASSESSMENT FOR DOWNTOWN RED BLUFF PARKING AND BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT AREA
Recommendation: That the City Council open the public hearing, receive any testimony and determine whether or not written protests constitute 50% or more of the assessments. Depending on the outcome of the public hearing, the City Council may choose to adopt Resolution No. 6-2005.
3. HOMELESS CENSUS/SURVEY – DOS RIOS CONTINUUM OF CARE CONSORTIUM
Recommendation: Informational only.
4. BICYCLE TRANSPORTATION ACCOUNT GRANT ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTING, ENPLAN ON-CALL AGREEMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to add the BTA Grant environmental work to Enplan’s on-call agreement in the amount of $16,000 that will be paid from BTA grant funds received by the City.
5. REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR BANK SERVICES
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss the provision of bank services and provide direction to City staff.
6. PROFESSIONAL AUDITING SERVICES FOR THE ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT FOR FISCAL YEAR ENDED JUNE 30, 2005 AND THE ANNUAL TRANSPORTATION DEVELOPMENT ACT FUND AUDIT FOR FISCAL YEAR ENDED JUNE 30, 2005
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss audit services for Fiscal Year 2004/05 and provide direction to City staff.
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Special Meeting of January 27, 2005, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.