Date of Meeting: Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Time of Meeting: 6:00 p.m. Closed Executive Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Adjourned Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION – 6:00 P.M.
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS: Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing the City’s designated representative, Nickolaus and Haeg, Labor Negotiators and Susan Price, City Manager, Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the salaries, salary schedules, or compensation paid in the form of fringe benefits with the Fire Unit.
2. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS: Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54957.6 for the purpose of instructing the City’s designated representative, Nickolaus and Haeg, Labor Negotiators and Susan Price, City Manager, Tessa Pritchard, Human Resources Director, regarding the negotiable employee benefits for the Miscellaneous Unit, Police Unit, Fire Unit, Mid-Management and Management.
3. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS: Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54956.8 –
1. Assessor’s Parcel Number 035-490-40
2. Assessor’s Parcel Number 031-220-17
REGULAR MEETING: - 7:00 P.M.
B. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS – DECEMBER 2005
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report.
2. RATIFY/APPROVE DECEMBER PAYROLL CHECKS NUMBERS 19002-19118; DECEMBER PAYROLL DIRECT DEPOSIT NUMBERS 7185-7367
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve December Payroll Checks Number 19002-19118; December Payroll Direct Deposit Numbers 7185-7367.
3. 2005/2006 SUPPLEMENTAL LAW ENFORCEMENT SERVICES GRANT FUNDS - $100,000 UPDATE
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the updated changes in the expenditure plan for Supplemental Law Enforcement Services Funds, reducing item #2 Community Service Officer Overtime from $3,745 to $1,796.35 and increasing item #6 HON Track Filing System from $1,018.85 to $2,967.50.
4. FIRE HOSES BIDS
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to issue a purchase order to Mallory Fire in the amount of $19,520.44 for the fire hoses.
5. RESOLUTION NO. 5-2006 – DRAFT REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 5-2006 Draft 2006 Regional Transportation Improvement Program.
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. RESOLUTION NO. 4-2006; A RESOLUTION ADOPTING A FINAL BUDGET FOR THE FISCAL YEAR JULY 1, 2005 TO JUNE 30, 2006
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 4-2006 thereby adopting the 2005/2006 Final City Budget with final revenues and expenditures as contained in the City’s 2004/05 City Audit, and all other revenues and expenditures approved by the City Council since the adoption of the 2005/06 Preliminary City Budget.
2. PUBLIC HEARING AND RESOLUTION NO. 7-2006 REGARDING FISCAL YEAR 2006 ASSESSMENT FOR DOWNTOWN RED BLUFF PARKING AND BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT AREA
Recommendation: That the City Council open the public hearing, receive any testimony and determine whether or not written protests constitute 50% or more of the assessments. Depending on the outcome of the public hearing, the City Council may choose to adopt Resolution No. 7-2006.
3. PUBLIC HEARING
Recommendation: That the City Council conduct the Public Hearing for final comments on the Development Impact Fee Study, reconfirm action taken by the City Council at the December 20, 2005 meeting, and direct staff to agendize the enabling resolution and ordinance, and finalized Development Impact Fee Study and Appendix prepared by the consultant, for placement on the February 21, 2006 agenda for adoption.
4. RESOLUTION NO. 8-2006 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING WATER RATES
Recommendation: That the City Council consider water rate increase options and, as determined, adopt Resolution No. 8-2006 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending Water Rates with the selected option.
5. ORDINANCE NO. 966 – AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING CHAPTER 24 OF THE CITY MUNICIPAL CODE - WATER
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the first reading and introduce Ordinance No. 966 – An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending Chapter 24 of the City Municipal Code – Water.
6. COMPOSITION OF THE TEHAMA COUNTY AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT DISTRICT BOARD
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the City Attorney’s report on the legal background concerning the current composition of the Tehama County Air Quality Management District (AQMD) and how the current circumstance might be changed to include City Councilmembers on the AQMD governing Board in response to Councilmember Irving’s request and provide direction to staff.
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
JANUARY 3, 2006
8. RESOLUTION NO. 6-2006 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF ADOPTING AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT WITH MARK BARTHEL FOR THE POSITION OF PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 6-2006 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Adopting an Employment Agreement with Mark Barthel for the Position of Public Works Director.
9. MIXING ZONE STUDY CONSULTANT SELECTION
Recommendation: That the City Council award the Mixing Zone Study consultant service contract to Larry Walker and Associates in the amount of $54,440 and authorize the expenditure of funds from Fund 46-43-340-100.
10. PUBLIC WORKS LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE SERVICE CONTRACT AWARD
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to enter into a Landscape Maintenance Service Contract with D.P.M. Landscaping fro a one year period with a two year renewal option in the amount of $14,400 plus the discretionary amount of $1,000 to be funded from account no.’s 43-42-340-100 (45%), 50-50-340-100 (45%) and 55-55-340-100 (10%).
11. RATIFY/APPROVE DECEMBER PAYABLES CHECK NUMBERS 50657-50915
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve December Payables Checks Number 50657-50915.
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Regular Meeting of February 7, 2006, at 7:00 p.m., City Council Chambers.