Date of Meeting: Tuesday, January 4, 2005
Time of Meeting: 7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
This agenda has been posted pursuant to Resolution No. 28-1995.
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
B. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. WALGREENS UTILITY EASEMENTS
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the execution of the quit claim deed and acceptance of the replacement easements executed by Village/Red Bluff Rx Partners and the recording of same.
2. URBAN WATER MANAGEMENT PLAN AMENDMENT NO. 1 AND WATER CONSERVATION ORDINANCE NO. 956
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 956.
3. RESOLUTION NO. 1-2005; DOWNTOWN PARKING RESTRICTIONS TO ACCOMMODATE STREET SWEEPING ACTIVITIES
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 1-2005 restricting parking in the core downtown area to allow for regular street sweeping to occur.
4. RESOLUTION NO. 4-2005 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF ADOPTING AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT WITH MICHAEL J. DAMON FOR THE POSITION OF FIRE CHIEF
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 4-2005 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Adopting an Employment Agreement with Michael Damon for the Position of Fire Chief.
5. RESOLUTION NO. 2-2005 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF ADOPTING AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT WITH TESSA PRITCHARD FOR THE POSITION OF HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 2-2005 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Adopting an Employment Agreement with Tessa Pritchard for the Position of Human Resources Director.
6. RESOLUTION NO. 3-2005 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF ADOPTING AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT WITH J.D. ELLISON FOR THE POSITION OF BUILDING DIRECTOR/OFFICIAL
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 3-2005 – A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Adopting an Employment Agreement with J. D. Ellison for the Position of Building Director/Official.
7. CELLULAR TOWER GROUND LEASE EXTENSION, 827 VILLAGE DRIVE
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to execute a seven (7) year cellular tower lease agreement extension with Verizon Wireless for the site at 827 Village Drive as allowed by the agreement.
8. RATIFICATION OF MODIFIED POLICE UNIT MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING – JULY 1, 2002 – JUNE 30, 2006
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the attached MOU and state that the attached MOU will replace the current Police Unit MOU between the City of Red Bluff and the Police Bargaining Unit. Also that the City Council approve the attached Side Letter agreement between the City of Red Bluff and the Police Unit.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
C. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. CITY COUNCIL VACANCY
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss the method by which the remainder of the City Councilmember’s term be filled and direct staff as appropriate.
2. DECORATIVE TRASH BINS FOR DOWNTOWN AREA
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the expenditure of remaining annual grant funding from the California Department of Conservation for decorative trash bins for the downtown area and/or public outreach for recycling.
3. RESOLUTION NO. 7-2005 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AUTHORIZING THE TEHAMA COUNTY SANITARY LANDFILL AGENCY TO APPLY FOR A LOCAL GOVERNMENT WASTE TIRE CLEANUP GRANT FROM THE CALIFORNIA INTEGRATED WASTE MANAGEMENT BOARD
Recommendation: That the City Council approve Resolution No. 7-2005 – A Resolution of the City of Red Bluff Authorizing the Tehama County Sanitary Landfill Agency to Apply for a Local Government Waste Tire Cleanup Grant from the California Integrated Waste Management Board.
4. RESOLUTION NO. 5-2005, A RESOLUTION OF INTENTION TO LEVY A FISCAL YEAR ASSESSMENT FOR THE DOWNTOWN RED BLUFF PARKING AND BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT AREA
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt the Resolution of Intention to levy an assessment and set a pubic hearing for January 18, 2005.
5. REQUEST FOR CITY COUNCIL LIAISON TO RED BLUFF TRAILS UNITED (RBTU)
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the request for appointment of a City Councilmember as a liaison to Red Bluff Trails United and take action as appropriate.
6. REQUEST FROM POOR AND THE HOMELESS (PATH) REGARDING FACILITY SITE
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the request by the Poor and the Homeless (PATH) and provide direction to staff.
D. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of January 18, 2005, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.