Date of Meeting: Tuesday, January 3, 2006
Time of Meeting: 6:00 p.m. Closed Executive Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION: - 6:00 P.M.
1. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION:
GRETERMAN – Workers Comp Claim #
2002007157 and 2004024646 -
Government Code Section 54956.9
2. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS: Executive Session in accordance with Government Code Section 54956.8 –
Conference with Real Property Negotiators
1. Assessor’s Parcel Number 035-490-40
2. Assessor’s Parcel Number 031-220-17
REGULAR MEETING – 7:00 P.M.
B. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
1. RED BLUFF MENTORING MONTH 2006
D. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
December 6, 2005 – Regular Meeting
2. ALCOHOL BEVERAGE LICENSES; PERSON TO PERSON TRANSFER TYPE 21 (OFF-SALE GENERAL), PERSON TO PERSON TRANSFER TYPE 41 (ON-SALE BEER AND WINE EATING PLACE) AND TYPE 47 (ON-SALE GENERAL EATING PLACE); 22700 ANTELOPE BLVD; SUNSHINE GAS & FOOD (NAME OF BUSINESS); MANJIT SINGH BAINS (OWNER)
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Acknowledge the application for a person to person transfer of a Type 21 (Off-Sale General), person to person transfer of a Type 41 (On-Sale Beer and Wine Eating Place) and person to person transfer of a Type 47 (On-Sale General Eating Place) Alcoholic Beverage Licenses for the Sunshine Gas & Food located at 22700 Antelope Blvd. (Tehama County).
2. Affirm the conclusion of the Planning Director and the Chief of Police that protesting the license is not necessary provided the applicant complies with the following condition(s):
A. The applicant (Mr. Manjit Singh Bains; First Owner) shall complete a City of Red Bluff Planning Application and pay the $200 processing fee for the City reviewing the proposed ABC Licenses; person to person transfer of a Type 21 (Off-Sale General), person to person transfer of a Type 41 (On-Sale Beer and Wine Eating Place) and person to person transfer of a Type 47 (On-Sale General Eating Place).
3. RESOLUTION NO. 1-2006, MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT (MOA) AGREEMENT NO: DTFAWP-06-00047
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 1-2006 and the submittal of the Memorandum of Agreement to the FAA.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
E. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. RESOLUTION NO. 2-2006, A RESOLUTION OF INTENTION TO LEVY A FISCAL YEAR ASSESSMENT FOR THE DOWNTOWN RED BLUFF PARKING AND BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT AREA
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt the Resolution of Intention to levy an assessment and set a public hearing for January 17, 2006.
2. 2005/2006 HOME INVESTMENT PARTNERSHIPS (HOME) PROGRAM OVER-THE-COUNTER APPLICATION
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the submittal of an application for Over-The-Counter Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program funding not to exceed $500,000 and adopt Resolution No. 3-2006 – A Resolution of the City Council of Red Bluff Authorizing the Submittal of an Application to the California State Department of Housing and Community Development for Funding Under the Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME); the Execution of a Standard Agreement if Selected for Such Funding and Any Amendments Thereto; and any Related Documents Necessary to Participate in the HOME Program and authorize the City Manager to execute the required documents.
3. ASSEMBLY BILL NO. 1234
LOCAL AGENCIES; COMPENSATION AND ETHICS
4. 2006/2007 BICYCLE TRANSPORTATION ACCOUNT (BTA) GRANT APPLICATION
Recommendation: That the City Council review and discuss the project and:
1. Direct staff to proceed with the project application as proposed; or
2. Provide other direction to staff regarding this matter.
5. REQUEST FOR WATER SERVICE OUTSIDE THE CITY LIMIT; 557 WILTSEY ROAD, APN 41-130-04
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize water service connection to the county property located at 557 Wiltsey Road, APN 41-130-04, upon payment of the required development impact fees per Red Bluff City Code and execution of an agreement in support of annexation.
6. ISO EVALUATION OF FIRE PROTECTION SERVICES
Recommendation: Information only; no action needed.
7. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
December 20, 2005 – Regular Adjourned Meeting
F. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of January 17, 2006, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.