Date of Meeting: Tuesday, December 7, 2004
Time of Meeting: 7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
This agenda has been posted pursuant to Resolution No. 28-1995.
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
1. AWARD PRESENTATION BY ROB GIBBS
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. ORDINANCE NO. 953; AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING CHAPTER 12 OF THE CITY CODE
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 953.
2. GREENWASTE CITYWIDE 2004 LEAF PICK UP EVENTS
Recommendation: No Action Necessary – Information Item
3. ALLOCATION OF FUNDS TO PURCHASE A WINDOWS 2K SERVER, RELATED SOFTWARE AND INSTALLATION
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize a Supplemental Budget Appropriation in the amount of $8,895.32 fro the purchase and installation of a new computer server for the Fire Department.
4. CONCRETE PICNIC TABLE AND BENCH REPLACEMENT PROJECT
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the concrete picnic table and bench replacement project and direct the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion.
5. ALCOHOL BEVERAGE LICENSE; PERSON TO PERSON TRANSFER TYPE 41 (ON-SALE BEER AND WINE EATING PLACE); FULL SERVICE RESTAURANT; 360 SOUTH MAIN STREET; LA COMIDA MEXICAN RESTAURANT (NAME OF BUSINESS); TERESA MAY BENSCH (FIRST OWNER)
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Acknowledge the application for a Person-to-Person Transfer of a Type 41 (On-Sale Beer and Wine Eating Place) Alcoholic Beverage License for the La Comida Mexican Restaurant located at 360 South Main Street.
2. Affirm the conclusion of the Planning Director and the Chief of Police that protesting the license and requesting conditions is not necessary.
6. TALK-THRU COMMUNICATOR FOR THE POLICE DEPARTMENT FRONT LOBBY SECURITY WINDOW
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the purchase of the Norton Talk Thru Communicator and wireless headset, and authorize the supplemental appropriation of funds for the purchase from Fund 24-33-530-101, Police Protection Impact Fees in the amount of $1,017.90.
7. REVISED PAYROLL WARRANT FOR AUGUST 2004 AND RATIFY/APPROVE OCTOBER PAYROLL CHECKS NUMBERS 16756-16936; OCTOBER PAYROLL DIRECT DEPOSIT NUMBERS E4454-E4694
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the revised Payroll Warrant Register for August 2004 and ratify/approve October Payroll Checks Numbers 16756-16936 and October Payroll Direct Deposit Numbers E4454-E4694.
8. WILLOW CREEK SUBDIVISION DIF REIMBURSEMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the reimbursement of $61,708.61 in Development Impact Fees as defined herein to the developer of the Willow Creek Subdivision.
9. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
NOVEMBER 2, 2004 Regular Meeting
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. ELECTION OF MAYOR AND MAYOR PRO TEM
Recommendation: That the Mayor relinquish the meeting to the City Clerk and proceed with nominations for Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem for 2004.
2. APPOINTMENT OF VARIOUS COMMISSIONERS AND AUDIT COMMITTEE MEMBER
Recommendation: That the City Council make the necessary appointments to the various commissions and committee.
3. OTHER AGENCY REPRESENTATION
Recommendation: That the City Council review the current City Councilmember assignments and determine other agency representation for 2004.
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
a) November 9, 2004 Special Meeting
b) November 16, 2004 Regular Adjourned Meeting
5. RESIGNATION OF COUNCILMEMBER AVILLA
Recommendation: That the City Council accept Councilmember Avilla’s resignation effective December 31, 2004.
6. NORTHERN VALLEY CATHOLIC SOCIAL SERVICE – REQUEST FOR PARTNERSHIP WITH CITY TO DEVELOP AFFORDABLE HOUSING FOR SPECIAL NEEDS POPULATIONS
Recommendation: That the City Council hear the presentation by representatives from Northern Valley Catholic Social Service regarding partnering with the City of Red Bluff to potentially develop another affordable housing project for a special needs population and provide direction to staff.
7. RON AND KATHY NELSON REQUEST FOR ZONING RECOMMENDATIONS PERTAINING TO PETS AND LIVESTOCK
Recommendation: That the City Council:
Determine whether this matter is a high priority for the City Council at
this time. If so, then the Council
should formally direct staff time and effort toward this endeavor to further
regulate and enforce the keeping of pets and livestock.
2. Determine that this matter is not a high priority at this time and that it may be more appropriate to address it at some future date when a comprehensive review of the City Zoning Regulations takes place.
8. LETTER FROM SHASTA COLLEGE REQUESTING REPRESENTATION BY TWO INDIVIDUALS AT VISIONING WORKSHOPS
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss and/or respond to the request for representation by two individuals at the visioning workshops to be held by the Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Community College District.
PUBLIC HEARING – CLOSEOUT REPORT
POLICE FACILITY FEASIBILITY STUDY
Recommendation: That the City Council open the Public Hearing, consider all public comments, close the Public Hearing, and approve the Closeout Report for the Police Facility Feasibility Study.
10. DRAINAGE CONCERNS; HOME DEPOT AND HELSER CHEVROLET DEVELOPMENTS
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report submitted by PACE Civil.
11. SEEK BIDS FOR A TYPE II/III COMBINATION WILDLAND/STRUCTURE FIRE ENGINE
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize going to bid for the purchase of a Type II/III fire engine and related equipment.
12. TEMPORARY HIRE OF BUILDING INSPECTOR I
Recommendation: That the City Council approves a supplemental budget appropriation in the amount of $15,000.00 from Fund 20-26-110-100.
13. CAL PERS FISCAL YEAR 2005/2006 EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTION RATES AND FISCAL YEAR 2006/2007 PROJECTED CONTRIBUTION RATES
Recommendation: Informational item only.
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of December 21, 2004, at 7:00 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers