Date of Meeting: Tuesday, November 2, 2004
Time of Meeting: 7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
This agenda has been posted pursuant to Resolution No. 28-1995.
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
1. P.J. Helicopters, Inc., Mark Gunsauls
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
October 19, 2004 Regular Adjourned Meeting
2. ALCOHOL BEVERAGE LICENSE; PERSON TO PERSON TRANSFER; TYPE 20 (OFF-SALE BEER AND WINE) AND NEW TYPE 42 (ON-SALE BEER AND WINE PUBLIC PREMISES); 331 ELM STREET; VILLA DI VINO WINE CELLAR (NAME OF BUSINESS); KAREN K. MASULA (OWNER)
Recommendation: That the City Council approve:
1. Acknowledge the application for a person-to-person transfer of a Type 20 License to authorize the sell of beer and wine for consumption off the premises and a new Type 42 License to authorize the sale of beer and wine for consumption on the premises for the Villa Di Vino Wine Cellar at 331 Elm Street.
2. Affirm the conclusion of the Planning Director and the Chief of Police that protesting the license and requesting conditions is not necessary, provided the business is operated as described in writing by the applicant.
3. Find that a “Public Convenience or Necessity” would be served by the issuance of these licenses and direct the Planning Director and the Chief of Police to submit a letter of “Public Convenience or Necessity” to ABC.
3. AIRPORT FACILITY AND FIRE HALL #2 ROOF RESTORATION PROJECT
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the completed Airport Facility and Fire Hall #2 Roof Restoration Project and direct staff to file a notice of completion.
4. REVISED PAYROLL WARRANT FOR JULY 2004
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the “Revised” Payroll Warrant for July 2004.
5. POLICE DEPARTMENT FRONT LOBBY SECURITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the completed Police Department Front Lobby Security Improvements and direct staff to file a notice of completion.
6. RESOLUTION NO. 60-2004; STREET CLOSURE FOR THE “SHARE YOUR CHRISTMAS” FOOD DRIVE
Recommendation: That the City Council approve Resolution No. 60-2004, allowing the street closure on Madison Street from Cedar Street north to the entrance/exit to Holiday Quality Foods for the “Share Your Christmas” food drive in cooperation with the Salvation Army from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on December 7, 2004.
7. ACCEPTANCE OF JACKSON STREET SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL EASEMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the Jackson Street Safe Routes to School easement and authorize the filing of the deed and the $500 compensation for said easement to the property owner.
8. ANNUAL MAINTENANCE CONTRACT FOR TELEPHONE SYSTEM
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to execute the annual maintenance contract for telephone and voice mail systems with Century/Executone for December 24, 2004 to December 23, 2005 and include $5,640 in the Final Budget for 2004/05.
9. WELL 12 SCADA UPGRADE
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to enter into an agreement with Telstar Electrical Contracting of Sacramento, for the purchase, installation, and SCADA connection of the Well 12 water level device and authorize the expenditure from Fund 52 in the amount of $7,721.
10. PUBLIC WORKS ELECTRICIAN TRUCK BID AWARD
Recommendation: That the City Council award the Public Works Truck Bid to Geo. Growney Motors of red Bluff for a 2004 2500HD ¾ Ton 133” WB truck with utility body in the amount of $29,705.03.
11. PUBLIC WORKS PURCHASE OF COMPUTER EQUIPMENT FOR WATER SYSTEM METERING READING EFFICIENCY
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the expenditure of approximately $5,000 from Fund 50 for water system computer hardware, software, installation and training to implement the water meter reading operational change.
12. RED BLUFF SKATEPARK ACCEPTANCE OF GATEWAY LANDSCAPING PORTION OF THE PROJECT
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the completed portion of the Red Bluff Skatepark project by Gateway Landscaping at the total cost of $180,781.00.
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
October 28, 2004 Special Meeting
2. ORDINANCE NO. 954 – SECOND READING AND ADOPTION MANDATORY CITYWIDE GARBAGE COLLECTION
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 954 – An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending Chapter 18A of the City Municipal Code, Specifically Providing For Mandatory Citywide Refuse Collection.
3. RESOLUTION NO. 59-2004 – A RESOLUTION ADOPTING SOLID WASTE COLLECTION RATES
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 59-2004 – A Resolution Adopting Solid Waste Collection Rates which is contingent upon the adoption of mandatory citywide garbage collection.
4. PARATRAX SURVEY RESULTS
Recommendation: That the City Council hear the presentation of the results of the ParaTRAX Survey by the Tehama County Transit Manager and provide comments as appropriate.
5. DRAINAGE CONCERNS; HOME DEPOT AND HELSER CHEVROLET DEVELOPMENTS
Recommendation: That the City Council consider the proposed consultant review process, review the proposed letter, and direct staff to move forward with the correspondence to the developers and secure a consultant to perform the work.
6. PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER; TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP 04-36; NEGATIVE DECLARATION; RESOLUTION NO. 61-2004; 1080 SO. MAIN ST.; JB INVESTMENTS (APPLICANT/OWNER)
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Conduct the Public Hearing.
2. Consider all public testimony and all other information relating to this project submitted to the Commission.
3. Adopt Resolution No. 61-2004 approving the Negative Declaration and approving Tentative Parcel Map 04-36 with the Findings and Conditions of Approval.
7. TAXICAB PERMIT REQUEST FOR JEAN HANSON WITH RIDE ON CAB COMPANY
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize Ms. Jean Hanson a permit to operate Ride On Cab Company within the City Limits of Red Bluff, contingent upon meeting all requirements for the operation of a taxicab service in the City of Red Bluff.
8. RESOLUTION NO. 62-2004 TO ESTABLISH TAXICAB FARES AND RATES
Recommendation: That the City Council review and adopt Resolution No. 62-2004: A Resolution Relating to Fares of Taxicabs in the City of Red Bluff.
9. PUBLIC WORKS ACTIVE PROJECT LIST
Recommendation: That the City Council review the Public Works “Active City of Red Bluff Project List” and comment as appropriate.
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Special Meeting of November 9, 2004, at 5:30 p.m., Westside Rooms at the Red Bluff Community Senior Center, 1500 So. Jackson Street, Red Bluff