Date of Meeting: Tuesday, October 19, 2004
Time of Meeting: 7:00 p.m. Regular Adjourned Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
This agenda has been posted pursuant to Resolution No. 28-1995.
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
VIDEO AND HANDOUT
1. HONORING LEE NORTHCUTT, PRESIDENT CALIFORNIA-HAWAII ELKS ASSOCIATION
2. FORGET-ME-NOT CAMPAIGN
3. RED RIBBON WEEK
Amy Henderson, CHES, Prevention Coordinator
D. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS – SEPTEMBER 2004
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the September 2004 Contract Awards.
2. RATIFY/APPROVE SEPTEMBER PAYROLL CHECKS NUMBERS 16635-16755; SEPTEMBER PAYROLL DIRECT DEPOSIT NUMBERS 4334-4498; SEPTEMBER PAYABLES CHECK NUMBERS 46085-46439
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve September Payroll Checks Number 16635-16755; September Payroll Direct Deposit Numbers 4334-4498; September Payables Check Numbers 46085-46439.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report for the month of July 2004.
4. REPORT ON SALES TAX
Recommendation: Informational Only.
5. RESOLUTION NO. 58-2004; STREET CLOSURES; ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PARADE
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 58-2004; providing for street closures along the Christmas Parade route.
6. SECURITY CONCERNS FOR RED BLUFF CITY HALL AND POLICE BUILDING, CITY STAFF AND OFFICES THERE IN
Recommendation: That security access at the City Hall Building after standard work hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), on holidays and on weekends be limited to the City Manager and Department Heads unless approved otherwise by the City Manager.
7. MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the MOU for the School Resource Officer with the other two agencies.
8. METZGER STREET ACCEPTANCE OF COMPLETED WORK
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the 2003 STIP Metzger Road improvements and direct staff to file a Notice of Completion and authorize the transfer of $6,311.62 from Fund 21 to Fund 42 in the event the cost is not reimbursed from Caltrans.
9. 3MG WATER TANK AND PIPELINE PROJECT; ACOE PERMIT COST
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the payment of the $9,000 ACOE permit fee for the permanent disturbance of 0.10 acres of wetland associated with the City’s 3MG Water Tank and Pipeline Project and payment from Fund 52.
10. RESOLUTION NO. 53-2004, CITY OF RED BLUFF DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE PROGRAM (DBE)
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 53-2004.
E. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
October 5, 2004
2. CITIZENS FOR A SOUTH COUNTY COLLEGE COMMITTEE SECOND LETTER OF REQUEST FOR ENDORSEMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council hear the presentation by one or more representatives of the Citizens For A South County College Committee and take any action as determined appropriate.
3. RESOLUTION NO. 57-2004 – REUSE ASSISTANCE GRANT APPLICATION
Recommendation: That the City Council approve Resolution No. 57-2004 – Authorization for Submission of Reuse Assistance Grant Application to the California Integrated Waste Management Board.
4. 1) GARBAGE RATE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
2) GARBAGE RATE FOR DISABLED PERSONS
5. ORDINANCE NO. 954 MANDATORY CITYWIDE GARBAGE COLLECTION
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the first reading and introduce Ordinance No. 954 – An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending Chapter 18A of the City Municipal Code, Specifically Providing For Mandatory Citywide Refuse Collection.
6. DEVELOPMENT IMPACT FEE NEEDS LIST PRESENTATION
Recommendation: That the City Council hear the presentation by Taussig and discuss and comment as necessary on the draft needs list.
7. TAXICAB PERMIT REQUEST FOR LISA LYNCH, WITH SUNSET CAB COMPANY
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize Ms. Lisa Lynch a permit to operate Sunset Cab Company within the City Limits of Red Bluff, contingent upon meeting all requirements for the operation of taxicab service in the City of Red Bluff.
8. PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER; TENTATIVE TRACT MAP 04-1004; MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION; RESOLUTION NO. 56-2004; 1875 ALOHA STREET; MIKE CRONIC (APPLICANT), NORTH VALLEY BAPTIST CHURCH (OWNER)
Recommendation: That the City Council
1. Conduct the Public Hearing.
2. Consider all public testimony and all other information relating to this project submitted to the Commission.
3. Adopt Resolution No. 56-2004 approving the Mitigated Negative Declaration and approving Tentative Tract Map 04-1004 with the Findings and Conditions of approval.
9. INSTALLATION OF CUSTOMER SERVICE DOOR IN FIRE/POLICE LOBBY
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the installation of the lobby door and relocation plan and authorize $3,000 for the project.
10. CITY HALL JANITORIAL SERVICES AWARD
Recommendation: That the City Council award the City Hall Janitorial service contract to Peerless Building Maintenance of Redding in the amount of $1,630 per month for a total annual cost of $19,560 and authorize a general fund budget adjustment in fund 10-57-340 for the added expense.
11. DOWNTOWN DEMONSTRATION PROJECT, WASHINGTON STREET
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize staff to proceed with the purchase of 5 tree grates and 2 post top pedestrian lights from Fund 21 per the Downtown Demonstration Plans in an amount not to exceed $8,000.
F. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of November 2, 2004, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.