Date of Meeting: Tuesday, September 21, 2004
Time of Meeting: 7:00 p.m. Regular Adjourned Meeting
Place of Meeting: Red Bluff Community Center
1500 South Jackson St.
Red Bluff, CA
This agenda has been posted pursuant to Resolution No. 28-1995.
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
1. JOB TRAINING CENTER
Kathy Schmitz, Executive Director
Kathy Garcia, Business Services Coordinator
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
September 7, 2004
2. REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS – AUGUST 2004
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the August 2004 Contract Awards.
3. RATIFY/APPROVE AUGUST PAYROLL CHECKS NUMBERS 16476-16634; AUGUST PAYROLL DIRECT DEPOSIT NUMBERS 4171-4333; AUGUST PAYABLES CHECK NUMBERS 45795-46084
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve August Payroll Checks Number 16476-16634; August Payroll Direct Deposit Numbers 4171-4333; August Payables Check Numbers 45795-46084.
4. RESOLUTION NO. 51-2004 AUTHORIZING STREET CLOSURES FOR THE MONSTER TRUCK DISPLAY
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Adopt Resolution No. 51-2004 authorizing the street closures and City Parking lot at the corner of Pine and Washington Street for the Monster Truck display.
2. Allow the City to assist with the pre-event Monster Truck “procession” on Walnut Street from the railroad tracks to Main Street and south on Main to Oak Street at approximately 6 p.m. on Thursday, September 30, 2004.
5. ACCEPTANCE OF DONATIONS TO MCGLYNN POOL
Recommendation: That the City Council accept this gift in the total amount of $5,863.86 from the Tehama County Education Foundation on behalf of the individuals that donated to the fundraising events sponsored by the Blues For The Pool citizens committee.
6. COMPUTER LOGISTICS CORPORATION CONTRACT EXTENSION AGREEMENT
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize the City Manager to enter into a contract with Computer Logistics for computer system and maintenance services for October 1, 2004 to September 30, 2005.
7. ACCEPTANCE OF LETTER FROM ERIN BRAINERD SUPPORTING “JAKE’S DAY”
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the letters received from Erin Brainerd and attach copies of these letters to the minutes of this meeting.
8. URBAN STREAMS RESTORATION PROGRAM CONTRACT AMENDMENT 1 TO AGREEMENT NO. P-13-026; RESOLUTION NO. 52-2004; DEPARTMENT OF WATER RESOURCES URBAN STREAMS GRANT APPLICATION, $600,000
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 52-2004; A Resolution Approving Contract Amendment No. 1 to Urban Streams Agreement No. P-026 with the Department of Water Resources, Division of Planning and Local Assistance, Urban Streams Restoration Program.
9. SALE OF RECOVERED UNCLAIMED PROPERTY
Recommendation: That the City Council consider authorizing the City of Red Bluff Police Department to enter an agreement with Property Bureau to sell unclaimed property acquired by the Department.
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. AWARD OF FUNDING – COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM
1. FIRE FACILITY FEASIBILITY STUDY
2. ANTELOPE SEWER STUDY
Recommendation: Informational only.
2. WATER DEPARTMENT CHRONICLED IN NATIONWIDE NEWSLETTER
Recommendation: That the City Council acknowledge the work being performed by Water Department personnel.
3. SERVICE CLUB DIRECTORY SIGNAGE
Recommendation: That the City Council hear and discuss the information provided by Caltrans and refer the matter to staff for follow up.
CITY-WIDE GARBAGE COLLECTION
Recommendation: That the City Council open the Public Hearing, receive input from the public, close the Public Hearing and consider action on one of the following items:
1. Approve city-wide garbage collection with recycling carts at the rates specified in the mailing to property owners with delinquencies placed on property tax bills.
2. Approve city-wide garbage collection without recycling carts, which would result in no increase in service cost at this time, with delinquencies placed on property tax bills.
3. Do not approve city-wide garbage collection.
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Special Meeting of September 27, 2004, at 3 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.