Date of Meeting: Tuesday, July 20, 2004
Time of Meeting: 6:15 p.m. Closed Executive Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Adjourned Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
This agenda has been posted pursuant to Resolution No. 28-1995.
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION – 6:15 P.M.
1. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION
Alpha Vista v. City of Red Bluff, et. al., Case No. 54170
B. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
July 6, 2004
2. REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS – JUNE 2004
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the June 2004 Contract Awards.
3. RATIFY/APPROVE JUNE PAYROLL CHECKS NUMBERS 16091-16228; JUNE PAYROLL DIRECT DEPOSIT NUMBERS 3828-3997; JUNE PAYABLES CHECK NUMBERS 45154-45561
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve June Payroll Checks Number 16091-16228; June Payroll Direct Deposit Numbers 3828-3997; June Payables Check Numbers 45154-45561.
4. RESOLUTION NO. 36-2004, 400 BLOCK OF OAK STREET BUS LOADING ZONE
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 36-2004 designating a portion of the 400 block of Oak Street as a bus loading zone.
5. RESIGNATION OF PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY COMMISSION MEMBERS
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the resignations of Commissioners Guttierrez and Proctor from the Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission effective September 1, 2004 and direct the Deputy City Clerk to advertise these vacancies using the attached advertisement, which has the disclaimer that members of this Commission will be required to file a Form 700 Statement of Economic Interests.
6. GREENWASTE OF TEHAMA QUARTERLY COLLECTION REPORT FOR OCTOBER – DECEMBER 2003
Recommendation: Informational – Review and Comment.
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. MANDATORY TRASH COLLECTION REVISED TIMELINE
Recommendation: Informational only.
2. RESOLUTION NO. 40-2004 – A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF ADOPTING AN AGREEMENT AND LEASE BETWEEN THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AND THE RED BLUFF-TEHAMA COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Recommendation: That the City Council consider adoption of Resolution No. 40-2004 – A Resolution of the City of Red Bluff Adopting An Agreement and Lease Between the City of Red Bluff and the Red Bluff-Tehama County Chamber of Commerce for a not to exceed ten (10) year term with a thirty (30) day cancellation notice following a vote by the City Council to cancel the Agreement and Lease.
BUSINESS FAÇADE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
RURAL BUSINESS ENTERPRISE GRANT AWARD - $90,000
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the selection of Tri-County Economic Development Corporation in the amount of $90,000 to implement the Business Façade Improvement Program and authorize the City Manager to execute a Professional Services Agreement with the firm.
4. DESIGNATION OF VOTING DELEGATE AND ALTERNATE LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES ANNUAL CONFERENCE SEPTEMBER 17-19, 2004
Recommendation: That the City Council designate, from those Councilmembers attending the conference, a voting delegate and alternate for the League Annual Conference September 17-19, 2004 in Long Beach.
5. MINUTES PREPARATION
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss the preparation of the minutes and approve the preparation format of action minutes.
6. SELECTION OF PROFESSIONAL AUDIT SERVICES
Recommendation: The Review Committee and City Manager recommend that the City Council authorize the City Manager to finalize the contract for the Professional Audit Services with Nystrom & Company for a total of $27,100 for the 2004/05 fiscal year.
7. SALARY INCREASES FOR SENIOR NUTRITION PROGRAM
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the proposed salary increases for the Senior Nutrition Program and include them in the City’s 2004-2005 City budget.
8. RESOLUTION NO. 39-2004; RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AMENDING CERTAIN SUPPLEMENTAL BENEFITS BETWEEN THE CITY OF RED BLUFF AND THE UN-REPRESENTED MANAGEMENT/MID-MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEES.
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 39-2004; Resolution of the City Council of the City of Red Bluff Amending Certain Supplemental Benefits Between the City of Red Bluff and the Un-represented Management/Mid-Management Employees.
9. UPDATE OF HEALTH INSURANCE OPTIONS FOR CITY OF RED BLUFF EMPLOYEES
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss the options for renewal of the City’s health insurance plan for employees and provide direction to staff.
10. RESIDENTIAL BUILDING ACTIVITY UPDATE
Recommendation: Informational only. No action required.
11. AIRPORT WATER POLLUTION ABATEMENT FACILITY CCO #1 & 2, ACCEPTANCE OF PROJECT
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the completed Water Pollution Abatement Facility improvements at the total project cost of $173,352.21 contingent upon the final inspection approval of FAA and DOA.
12. RED BLUFF MUNICIPAL AIRPORT AIP GRANT PROJECT NO. 3-06-0193-07; CONTRACT NO. DTFA08-04-C-31515
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the FAA grant for AIP Project No. 3-06-0193-07, Contract No. DTFA08-04-C-31515 in the amount of $70,000.
13. 3MG WATER RESERVOIR AND PIPELINE PROJECT CIEDB ENTERPRISE FUND INSTALLATION SALE AGREEMENT NO. CIEDB-B04-056; RESOLUTION NO. 35-2004
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 35-2004 and authorize the City Manager to execute the CIEDB loan documents.
14. 3MG WATER RESERVOIR AND PIPELINE PROJECT AWARD
Recommendation: That the City Council award the 3MG Water Reservoir and Pipeline Project to Dale Construct of Redding, California in the amount of $3,270,267, authorize staff to expend up to a 5% contingency as necessary, and authorize the City Manager to execute all necessary documentation.
15. ADDITIONAL TMDL UNFUNDED MANDATE TO SAMPLE WWTP DISCHARGE MONTHLY FOR METHYLMERCURY
Recommendation: That the City Council acknowledge the added cost burden imposed on the City Wastewater Department regarding the unfiltered methylmercury testing.
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of August 3, 2004, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.