Date of Meeting: Tuesday, April 20, 2004
Time of Meeting: 5:00 p.m. Closed Executive Session
7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
This agenda has been posted pursuant to Resolution No. 28-1995.
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION (5:00 P.M.)
1. Annual Public Employee Performance Evaluation, City Manager,
Government Code Section 54957 (b) (1)
2. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation – Government Code Section 54956.9 and 54954.5(c)
REGULAR MEETING – 7:00 P.M.
B. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
TEHAMA COUNTY PEACE OFFICERS MEMORIAL DAY
Chuck Young – President
D. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
April 6, 2004
2. REPORT REGARDING CONTRACT AWARDS – MARCH 2004
Recommendation: Informational only – No action needed.
3. RATIFY/APPROVE MARCH PAYROLL CHECKS NUMBERS 15630-15758; FEBRUARY/MARCH PAYROLL DIRECT DEPOSIT NUMBERS 3139-3414; MARCH PAYABLES CHECK NUMBERS 44321-44639
Recommendation: That the City Council ratify/approve March Payroll Checks Number 15630-15758; February/March Payroll Direct Deposit Numbers 3139-3414; March Payables Check Numbers 44321-44639.
4. RESOLUTION NO. 15-2004; MERCY HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 15-2004 and authorize the street closure for the Mercy High School Graduation Ceremonies to be held on May 28th, 2004.
5. RESOLUTION NO. 16-2004; STREET CLOSURE BOAT DRAGS “SHOW AND SHINE”
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 16-2004 and authorize the street and parking closure time for the Memorial Day Boat Drags “show and shine” to be held on May 28th, 2004.
6. SELECTION OF WATER SUPPLIES ON-CALL LIST
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the three vendors as an on-call list which will be good for one year for the Water Department for water system materials and supplies per the City’s Procurement Policy.
7. RESOLUTION NO. 17-2004, DESIGNATION OF LOADING ZONE AT VILLA COLUMBA 460 MAIN STREET
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 17-2004 designating a portion of the east side of the 400 block of Main Street as a loading zone.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
E. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. REQUEST BY TEHAMA LOCAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FOR WAIVER OF $8 MILLION IN CITY DEVELOPMENT IMPACT FEES FOR COUNTY PROJECT TO HOOK UP TO THE CITY’S WATER AND SEWER SYSTEMS
Recommendation: That the City Council hear the request from the Executive Director of Tehama Local Development Corporation for a waiver of $8 million in City Development Impact Fees for a County project to hook up to the City’s water and sewer system and provide direction to City staff.
2. PUBLIC HEARING; MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION; 3 MG RESERVOIR PIPELINE REALIGNMENT PROJECT
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Conduct the Public Hearing.
2. Consider all public testimony and all other information relating to this project submitted to the City Council.
3. Approve the Mitigated Negative Declaration for the 3 MG Reservoir Pipeline Realignment Project with the Findings in the document titled “Conditions and Findings”.
3. RESOLUTION NO. 18-2004, ROBERT SCHMID PURCHASE OF 2224 WASHINGTON STREET PROPERTY
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 18-2004 authorizing the sale of the property at 2224 Washington Street to Robert Schmid for the net amount of $15,000 with the revenue placed in Fund 19-Transportation.
4. SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION USE OF CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss Social Security Administrations use of the City Council Chambers every Wednesday of the month and provide direction to staff.
5. USER FEE STUDY FOR THE COMMUNITY CENTER
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss the three levels of service for preparing the Community Center rental fees along with the proposed fee associated with each level and provide direction to staff.
6. BUSINESS LICENSES AT COMMUNITY CENTER
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss the dollar amount for a business license for events at the Community Center and direct staff to bring back to the City Council an amendment to the City’s Ordinance for Business License Fees at the Community Center.
7. ALLOCATION OF FUNDS TO RE-ROOF THE ROOF AT STATION II
Recommendation: That the City Council authorize a Supplemental Budget Appropriation in the amount of $8,000 from Fund 19 and authorize the Public Works Director to include the Station II roof project with the Airport roof projects.
F. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of May 4, 2004, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.