Date of Meeting: Tuesday, March 2, 2004
Time of Meeting: 7:00 p.m. Regular Meeting
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA
This agenda has been posted pursuant to Resolution No. 28-1995.
The City of Red Bluff welcomes you to their meetings, which are regularly scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Your participation and interest are encouraged and appreciated. Meeting notices are available in appropriate alternative formats, upon request of a person with a disability. If accommodations are needed for individuals with disabilities, please contact the Deputy City Clerk’s office prior to the day of the meeting.
The Agenda is divided into two sections:
CONSENT AGENDA: These items include routine financial and administrative actions and are usually approved by a single majority vote. Any City Councilmember, staff member or interested person may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda and those items are usually considered following approval of the remaining Consent Agenda.
REGULAR AGENDA: These items include significant financial and administrative actions of special interest that are usually approved individually by a majority vote. The Regular Agenda also includes noticed hearings and public hearings. The times on the agenda are approximate.
The deadline for items to be placed on the City’s agenda is 5:00 p.m. on the preceding Tuesday, unless a holiday intervenes. Items not listed on the Agenda can only be considered by the City Council if they qualify under Government Code Section 54954.2(b) (typically this applies to items meeting the criteria as an off agenda emergency).
A. CITIZEN’S COMMENT:
This time is set-aside for citizens to address the City Council on any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. For items that are on the agenda, public comment will be heard when the item is discussed. If your comments concern an item that is noted as a public hearing, please address the City Council after the public hearing is opened for public testimony. The Mayor reserves the right to limit each speaker to three (3) minutes. Please understand that by law, the City Council cannot make decisions on matters not on the agenda and matters of concern will be referred to the City Manager's Office.
1. Arts Education Month
C. CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
February 17, 2004
2. TREASURER’S REPORT
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the report for the month of November 2003.
3. RESOLUTION NO. 10-2004; PROHIBITING PARKING AND AUTHORIZING THE STREET CLOSURES OF PINE STREET (BETWEEN MAIN AND WASHINGTON STREETS) AND WASHINGTON STREET (BETWEEN OAK AND WALNUT STREETS) FOR THE ROUND-UP WEEK KICK-OFF FESTIVITIES
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 10-2004 to authorize the street closures and to prohibit parking for the Round-Up Week Kick-Off Festivities and direct the Police Chief and Director of Public Works to work with the Chamber of Commerce on the details of the event.
4. RESOLUTION NO. 11-2004; PROHIBITING PARKING AND AUTHORIZING STREET CLOSURES; ROUND-UP PARADE
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 11-2004 prohibiting parking and street closures in the staging area and on the parade route.
5. WAIVE BID FOR PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT AND USE U.S. COMMUNITIES PRICING
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the waiver of the City of Red Bluff bid process for the purpose of playground equipment, thereby enabling City of Red Bluff to take advantage of the U.S. Communities Pricing.
6. AMENDMENT TO CAPITAL ASSETS CAPITALIZATION POLICY
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the amendment to the Capital Assets Capitalization Policy for the estimated useful life of Capital Assets and the method of depreciation.
7. U.S. COMMUNITIES PRICING
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the City Manager to sign the agreement with U.S. Communities, thereby enabling City of Red Bluff to take advantage of the U.S. Communities Pricing.
8. RESOLUTION NO. 9-2004, RTIP PROJECTS FY 2004-2009
Recommendation: That the City Council adopt Resolution No. 9-2004 accepting the RTIP project schedule.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
1. REQUEST FROM CITIZEN REGARDING USE OF COMMUNITY CENTER FOR A SENIOR CITIZENS DANCE
Recommendation: That the City Council consider Roy Copeland’s request for utilization of the Community Center for a senior citizens dance and provide direction to staff.
2. RED BLUFF FORD MERCURY INC. GRAND OPENING AND COBRA CAR PARADE
Recommendation: That the City Council approve the MOU to provide Police Services for the Cobra Car Parade on March 20, 2004, and authorize the Police Chief and City Manager to execute the MOU.
3. APPOINTMENT OF CITY COUNCILMEMBER AND ALTERNATE TO ATTEND CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETINGS
Recommendation: That the City Council appoint a City Councilmember and an alternate to attend the Red Bluff-Tehama County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors meetings.
4. LETTER OF RETIREMENT FROM PLANNING DIRECTOR AND AUTHORIZATION TO BEGIN RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the retirement letter from Planning Director Charles Hayden effective June 30, 2004 and authorize staff to begin the recruitment process to fill the position.
5. PUBLIC HEARING; ORDINANCE NO. 950; REZONE NO. 195; REQUIRING CONDITIONAL USE PERMITS FOR INTERIOR RETAIL SALES AREAS GREATER THAN 40,000 SQUARE FEET [p.n. 764]
Recommendation: That the City Council waive the second reading and adopt Ordinance No. 950, amending Chapter 25 of the Red Bluff City Code, requiring Conditional Use Permits for interior retail sales areas greater than 40,000 square feet.
6. PUBLIC HEARING, ORDINANCE NO. 951 AMENDING CHAPTER 25 OF THE RED BLUFF CITY CODE ESTABLISHING DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT PROCEDURES [PN 770]
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Conduct the Public Hearing, and receive and consider all public testimony.
2. Find that Adoption of Development Agreement Enabling Ordinance No. 951 is consistent with the City’s General Plan.
3. Find that Ordinance No. 951 is exempt from CEQA pursuant to Section 15308 of the CEQA Guidelines (Class 8 Categorical Exemption, Actions by Regulatory Agencies for Protection of the Environment).
4. Waive first reading and introduce Ordinance No. 951 Amending Chapter 25 of the Red Bluff City Code Establishing Development Agreement Procedures.
7. PUBLIC HEARING; MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION; TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP 03-33; 1675 LUDLOW AVE.;
APN 29-100-46; ED FORBES
Recommendation: That the City Council:
1. Conduct the Public Hearing.
2. Consider all public testimony and all other information relating to this project submitted to the Commission.
3. Approve the mitigated Negative Declaration and Tentative Parcel Map No. 03-33 with the Conditions and Findings in the document titled “Conditions and Findings Summary, Tentative Parcel Map No. 03-33, 1675 Ludlow Ave., Forbes.”
8. STANDARD LEASE AGREEMENT CONVERSION ISSUES
Recommendation: That the City Council accept the recommendation of the Airport Commission and direct staff to implement the new hangar lease conversion process.
9. SO. JACKSON STREET/CROSBY LANE TRAFFIC ISSUES
Recommendation: That the City Council discuss the issues and provide direction to staff.
E. COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCIL COMMENTS:
Reports by City Council Committee members on meetings held.
Meeting of March 16, 2004, at 7 p.m., Red Bluff City Council Chambers.